cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flagging a segment

Gtrain
Mt. Kenya

HI everyone , i realise this has been discussed before but I've just done a segment in singapore and it seems like the first 20 ppl in the segment could be flagged as most have a running pace of 2:12 ish. it seems flagging is an activity on its own. 

can i do multiple flags ? 

maybe if you don't have enough data you shouldn't be aloud on leader boards, i.e HR and cadence being the main data sources for runners  and if the  times are faster than world records they  should be flagged automatically.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

anchskier
Denali

There are tons of people, myself included, who don't use HR monitors or other devices when running.  People shouldn't be disallowed from the leaderboards just because they don't buy all the extra gadgets.  Additionally, that would rule out anyone who uses the Strava app on their phone and I doubt Strava would want to do that...  

I wish there was a way to flag more than one at a time, but right now, we are stuck just flagging each activity separately.  I usually use up my allotment of flags each day (typically 10/day) cleaning up local segments.  The good part is that when you clean up one segment by flagging the bad activities that are clearly incorrect, you actually end up cleaning up others nearby since those same activities often cover a number of other segments too.  I've advocated for Strava to implement local moderators (or something along those lines) that have additional authority to flag more activities.  They would have a better idea of local situations and could really help to keep segments in their area in order.  

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

anchskier
Denali

There are tons of people, myself included, who don't use HR monitors or other devices when running.  People shouldn't be disallowed from the leaderboards just because they don't buy all the extra gadgets.  Additionally, that would rule out anyone who uses the Strava app on their phone and I doubt Strava would want to do that...  

I wish there was a way to flag more than one at a time, but right now, we are stuck just flagging each activity separately.  I usually use up my allotment of flags each day (typically 10/day) cleaning up local segments.  The good part is that when you clean up one segment by flagging the bad activities that are clearly incorrect, you actually end up cleaning up others nearby since those same activities often cover a number of other segments too.  I've advocated for Strava to implement local moderators (or something along those lines) that have additional authority to flag more activities.  They would have a better idea of local situations and could really help to keep segments in their area in order.  

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings