cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hey Strava athletes, let's get to know each other! (July)

Soren
Denali

The Strava Community Hub is a collaborative space where we can all come together as athletes to share what motivates us to strive towards our goals. First, let's take a step to get to know each other better and what brought you here. Here are a few icebreaker options to get you started!

• What's your name?
  • Where are you from?
  • What's your favorite activity? What about recovery and nutrition?

Don't be shy, respond to other athlete introduction posts if you see something that catches your eye - maybe you'll make a new running or riding friend as a result!

And lastly, keep in mind that this community is here to support you whether it be understanding Strava's features and functionality or looking for motivation to train for your next big goal. Whatever it may be, this is the place to ask questions, find answers, and build new connections!

Image of a group of cyclists taking a photo of themselves.Image of a group of cyclists taking a photo of themselves.

30 REPLIES 30

Silentvoyager
Kilimanjaro

Hi there! I am Stan. I've been using Strava for probably around 9-10 years and have my entire 11+ year running history on Strava - every single run. My favorite sport is trail running. I do several ultramarathons per year and a few shorter races. I live in Western Washington, which is a perfect area for being a trail runner. I also do some road running and very occasionally - hiking and cycling. 

Hi Stan, thanks for introducing yourself. I find it fascinating that you have over a decade of runs logged on Strava, that's impressive and also a major sign of your level of commitment to the sport! We're really happy to see you in this space, there's no doubt you have a great understanding of the ins and outs of Strava and have watched it evolve over the years. Looking forward to your contributions, ideas, and insight!

Mason
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
I’m Jojo, a long time Strava employee and outdoor advocate. My job is a satisfying combination of problem solving, creating and documenting process, identifying areas for improvement, and implementing new ideas. I love this stuff!  I especially love that every day I get to help our community make the most out of our product and find joy in activity.

Now the basics:
What’s your name?
  • You can call me Jojo.

Where are you from?

• California, Bay Area.

What’s your favorite activity?

• Active: Hiking, biking, skiing. I used to run, but then I broke my toe and can’t seem to find motivation to get back out there. Running is hard!
  • Non-sport: To name a few…painting rocks, making miniatures out of polymer clay, video games, cooking.

What about recovery and nutrition?

• Does a post-ride beer count as recovery and nutrition? If so, count me in. But honestly, there’s nothing quite like an icy cold beer. Then of course something  covered in a delicious sauce. I LOVE SAUCE.

Mason
(She/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

mmmm.... beer!  You could, of course, use beer in your sauce, then you'd have the best of all worlds!

Mason
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

🤣 I've tried. Some things are perfect just the way they are! 

Mason
(She/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

CreakyCrank
Kilimanjaro

Greetings, I'm Matt, currently living in Pittsburgh, PA.  My favorite activity is basically anything that involves movement (running, biking, rowing, soccer, weight lifting, etc.).  For recovery - I just do walking/yoga/stretching - nutrition, I'm a vegan, so nothing special in terms of recovery nutrition.

RacerXK1
Mt. Kenya

Howdy, I’m Joe! I like to run and explore the trails and mountains of Southern California. If you’re looking for a great crew to run the trails with, check out the Hulda Crooks Trail Runners club!!

Hey Joe, welcome to the Community! From what I know there are endless trail systems to explore in SoCal, sounds like there's no shortage of adventures to be had. 

Maybenaught
Pico de Orizaba

👋👋 I'm Anna from NH. I run and hike and lately those activities have been merging into trail running. Nice to be here and maybe we'll cross paths in the mountains sometime!

Hi Anna, nice to have you here. We hope you're making use of our new trail running Sport Type on those beautiful trails!