cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kind request for inclusion of inline skating as a major sport

Benomondi
Mt. Kenya

Hae im Ben an inline speed skater from Kenya, Kindly could you include inline skate as one of the major sport in strava like run and Bike?

I noticed that  when you open strava on your Phone then tap on maps then routes there is no inline skate as one of the sports, this hinders you from exploring inline skating around new places.

Kindly include inline skate as one of the major sports on strava.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Soren
Denali

Hi Ben, thanks for sharing this. The suggested routes feature on the mobile app currently only generates routes for the following Sport Types: running, riding, walking, hiking, trail running, gravel riding, or mountain biking. 
I have a few suggestions to help you find places to explore while inline skating.
- You can select "ride" and filter the length to be a shorter distance (2-10km) and select "paved" for the surface type.
- We recently expanded the "Segment Explore" feature on the website to include all Sport Types, including inline skate. This could give you some insight about where others are inline skating and you can look at the segment leaderboards to view other people's activities. You can always create your own segments for inline skating, too.
- You are also welcome to share this suggestion to our Ideas Board so that others can also vote on your idea. We kindly ask that you review our Idea Guidelines, particularly the “What makes a good idea” section, to ensure that your ideas are clear, concise, and can reach as many others as possible.

I hope this helps.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Soren
Denali

Hi Ben, thanks for sharing this. The suggested routes feature on the mobile app currently only generates routes for the following Sport Types: running, riding, walking, hiking, trail running, gravel riding, or mountain biking. 
I have a few suggestions to help you find places to explore while inline skating.
- You can select "ride" and filter the length to be a shorter distance (2-10km) and select "paved" for the surface type.
- We recently expanded the "Segment Explore" feature on the website to include all Sport Types, including inline skate. This could give you some insight about where others are inline skating and you can look at the segment leaderboards to view other people's activities. You can always create your own segments for inline skating, too.
- You are also welcome to share this suggestion to our Ideas Board so that others can also vote on your idea. We kindly ask that you review our Idea Guidelines, particularly the “What makes a good idea” section, to ensure that your ideas are clear, concise, and can reach as many others as possible.

I hope this helps.

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings