cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my segment isnt showing up on the search feature, or explore.

Pitbullprovost
Mt. Kenya

I have created a segment but it is'nt showing up on the explore or search functions.  I have it as a created segment and starred for my use.  It is public.  Why is it not showing up?

thank you in advance.

Keith

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hi @Pitbullprovost

Thanks for your post and sorry for any confusion. Segment Explore will not show all segments. Explore will show a sampling of segments in the given area based on many different factors. Zoom in, zoom out, or enter a location and Strava will show the most popular segments in that area. Check out our help article here for more info.

Additionally, segment search also filters segments so newer or less popular segments may not appear in search results.

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Ljefe
Mt. Kenya

Ditto.  I created two segments but they don’t show up anywhere, including when I ride them.  The explanation given by the moderator seems to amount to what- you can make a segment but they basically won’t exist anywhere? 

If you view your activity on the Strava website there can be the buttons "Show x hidden efforts" and "Don't see the segment you're looking for?" under the segment list. Maybe your created segments show up there. And additionally they show up in the "My segments" section.

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hi @Pitbullprovost

Thanks for your post and sorry for any confusion. Segment Explore will not show all segments. Explore will show a sampling of segments in the given area based on many different factors. Zoom in, zoom out, or enter a location and Strava will show the most popular segments in that area. Check out our help article here for more info.

Additionally, segment search also filters segments so newer or less popular segments may not appear in search results.

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings