cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New here? Come say hello (January 2023)

Soren
Denali

👋 Hello and welcome to Strava Community Hub!

We love getting to know all of our new members every month, so if that happens to be you, we are excited to hear a little bit more about you. If you're comfortable, here are some points to share: 

• Your nameIMG_0430small.jpg
  • Which country/state you're from
  • Your favorite Sport Types
  • Your 2023 intentions

My name is Soren and I am from Switzerland but live in Denver, Colorado. I am a passionate cyclist, but I enjoy many other kinds of movement such as weight lifting, walking, stretching, water sports and badminton. Last year, I set a big distance goal, which I achieved a few days before the year ended, but it left me feeling quite depleted. This year I've decided that I would much rather prefer to have experience-based goals, such as go bikepacking with co-workers, discover more dirt trails, ride under the moonlight, run a marathon (with the goal to simply complete it), focus on fostering a community of cyclists that's interested in having fun and being curious (vs. ego or competition).

Leave your introduction in the thread below and let's start talking. 

IMG_1343.JPG

26 REPLIES 26

I had Covid over Christmas so building up some fitness on Zwift at the moment.  Fortunately I think I had a less impactful strain but I can definitely feel the effects on breathing and heart rate with harder efforts.  Once it warms up a bit, I'll start with my outdoor local routes and then try something more adventurous later in the year.

RenaudGagnon
Shkhara

Hi there!

I'm Renaud from Quebec, Canada. I mtb a lot and also like to run when I can. Love the app and got here trying to find a way to send some suggestions to the guys behind all of this. Hope to get to talk to some cool people here.

Cheers!

Oh yeah I'm looking to get to ride my bike more often in 2023! I guess I'm not going to be ambitious on anything as I am a new father now ahah.

Hello Renaud, it's great to have you join the Community and congratulations on becoming a new dad! We appreciate suggestions and feedback and this is by far the best place to share all of that with us. Are there good trail systems for MTBing in Québec?

Thank you for the welcome Soren, actually yeah there are numerous places to ride here that are really great. Are you a mtbiker yourself? 

I just started getting into it last summer, it's a lot of fun and I enjoy getting to explore all the unknown trail systems (since I mainly stick to road cycling). It's very humbling to start something new and not be great at it, but immensely rewarding to make progress and celebrate the small wins. I like trying out new things all the time, is there perhaps a new sport you might try this year>

Lyro
Mt. Kenya

Hi there ! 👋

Louis here, I am a French software engineeer and a sport lover, running pretty frequently and loving Strava for it. Goals for 2023 are to run my first semi, and maybe even more 🏃‍♂️

Hi Louis!  

Thanks for posting.  I have to confess I'm not sure what a semi is?  Is that like a half marathon?  

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings