cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

The Hub is now in read-only mode as we make improvements to the Hub experience. More information is available here.

syncing wrong

nmkenny1
Mt. Kenya

when syncing from my Samsung health / Samsung gear 5 watch , on strava is posting wrong stats , saying my pace is   4.53 min mile , and now i  just done 2.52 mi   😀, (just waiting to be signed up for the Olympics 🤣) any ideas why the timing is out , on my Samsung watch & Health the timing is right  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hey @nmkenny1
Just following up on this one. These data discrepancies could be due to the way Samsung Health is analyzing the data.

For example, consider the process of determining how much resting vs moving time is in an activity. What constitutes a rest? Is it when you're at rest for 1, 3, 10, or 20 seconds? And what does your speed have to fall below in order for you to be considered at rest? 1 second might capture too many false positives and 20 seconds may be too strict. One calculation isn't necessarily correct or incorrect, but we do feel we're using standards that most athletes would agree upon.

We understand our athletes use hundreds of different devices and apps and are doing our best to accurately analyze each file. We're always working to improve our athletes' experience and we will pass this feedback along to our engineering teams.

If you want our team to take a closer look at your activities, please submit a support ticket and they'll take a look. 

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hey @nmkenny1
Just following up on this one. These data discrepancies could be due to the way Samsung Health is analyzing the data.

For example, consider the process of determining how much resting vs moving time is in an activity. What constitutes a rest? Is it when you're at rest for 1, 3, 10, or 20 seconds? And what does your speed have to fall below in order for you to be considered at rest? 1 second might capture too many false positives and 20 seconds may be too strict. One calculation isn't necessarily correct or incorrect, but we do feel we're using standards that most athletes would agree upon.

We understand our athletes use hundreds of different devices and apps and are doing our best to accurately analyze each file. We're always working to improve our athletes' experience and we will pass this feedback along to our engineering teams.

If you want our team to take a closer look at your activities, please submit a support ticket and they'll take a look. 

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

anchskier
Denali

Can you post a link to the activity you are referring to?  It might help if we can see that so we can see if there is something obvious happening.  Also, what does your watch say for the activity pace and related information?

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings