cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Groups as Club Admin

DaneMN
Mt. Kenya

On Stava's grow your brand site, they recommend use of a shared email address or group for club admin. I've included the verbiage and link below. Has anyone done this? I take this to mean you've got to create a fake Strava user and assign the group email to that user. Is that correct?

https://business.strava.com/blog/grow-brand-strava-clubs

Appoint an employee(s) as your club admin. Tip: If possible, use a shared email address or distribution group, as opposed to an individual employee's email address, for your Strava club to allow easier management across a team.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hey @DaneMN
Thanks for your post. At this time, we do not offer club messaging. However, we have a similar suggestion over on our Ideas Board; you can add your kudos and feed back to this idea here.

While you cannot send an email to an entire club member list, you can create an announcement post to be published by the club.

Regarding the separate email info you posted from the Strava business blog, this is about administering the club, for generally larger brand centric clubs. Some clubs create these “brand profiles” because they can then comment or kudo as the club. Admins at times don’t want to seem like ‘the face’ of the  company, so ‘brand’ profile makes more sense to them, and that’s why the business blog recommends this approach.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hey @DaneMN
Thanks for your post. At this time, we do not offer club messaging. However, we have a similar suggestion over on our Ideas Board; you can add your kudos and feed back to this idea here.

While you cannot send an email to an entire club member list, you can create an announcement post to be published by the club.

Regarding the separate email info you posted from the Strava business blog, this is about administering the club, for generally larger brand centric clubs. Some clubs create these “brand profiles” because they can then comment or kudo as the club. Admins at times don’t want to seem like ‘the face’ of the  company, so ‘brand’ profile makes more sense to them, and that’s why the business blog recommends this approach.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings