cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confusing naming in the Community Hub emails

RobK
Shkhara

I just posted a new idea and then got an email telling it had been posted. That's fine, but the email did open with:

"Hi RobK,

RobK (Puncak Jaya) posted a new idea in ...."

I immediately though the bit in () was someone else's name and there was something wrong. It wasn't until I Googled it, I discovered it is a mountain meant to signify my "level".

This is pretty confusing for non-mountaineer types. Maybe just leave that (level) bit out?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Soren
Denali

Thanks for your feedback @RobK and @stephen. We understand there may be some initial confusion around our ranking system, however, this is an automation included in the digest emails you have enabled to receive. If you haven't yet, take a look at our Guide to Ranks in the Community to get familiar with the mountain peak names.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Soren
Denali

Thanks for your feedback @RobK and @stephen. We understand there may be some initial confusion around our ranking system, however, this is an automation included in the digest emails you have enabled to receive. If you haven't yet, take a look at our Guide to Ranks in the Community to get familiar with the mountain peak names.

stephen
Pico de Orizaba

Agree - doesn't really need to be there

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings