cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aug 15th, 2024 - API Issues?

TrainerDay
Shkhara

I see on strava status there are problems.  We are facing problems submitting activities via API.  Normally this is very stable for years for us so we are pretty sure strava API has errors.  Anyone else seeing this? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Elliott
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

@jaimegil please don't apologize for mentioning me directly! 

There were residual issues from the incident yesterday but traffic should be restored for all apps. Sincerest apologies to anyone who experienced this issue and for our API status page not reflecting the behavior some of you were experiencing. 

If anyone is still experiencing issues please let me know. 

View solution in original post

46 REPLIES 46

jaimegil
Shkhara

We're also getting 403 errors on all API calls. It looks like Strava's Cloudfront is blocking API calls for most cases (they work from my personal computer, but not from our servers).

Request blocked.
We can't connect to the server for this app or website at this time. There might be too much traffic or a configuration error. Try again later, or contact the app or website owner.

Hi,

I have been getting that exact same error message from from the Strava API in my live server but works fine from my personal computer!

TrainerDay
Shkhara

What is interesting, I did a ride today with my Garmin and that posted correctly to Strava.  They must have special API's or they have turned off the service for the smaller guys to help reduce traffic.

jdough
Mt. Kenya

Since the outage yesterday I'm getting 403 errors when trying to refresh tokens for all users. It worked fine for a long time before that. Anyone else having the same issue?

Yes, it's all the same problem.  Just need to way for Strava to fix stuff.

Frostbite202
Mt. Kenya

Ya bro, they said it alredy fixed but the API still cant work

TomRaisely
Mt. Kenya

We are also seeing API errors and have been seeing them all day.

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings