cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aug 15th, 2024 - API Issues?

TrainerDay
Shkhara

I see on strava status there are problems.  We are facing problems submitting activities via API.  Normally this is very stable for years for us so we are pretty sure strava API has errors.  Anyone else seeing this? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Elliott
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

@jaimegil please don't apologize for mentioning me directly! 

There were residual issues from the incident yesterday but traffic should be restored for all apps. Sincerest apologies to anyone who experienced this issue and for our API status page not reflecting the behavior some of you were experiencing. 

If anyone is still experiencing issues please let me know. 

View solution in original post

46 REPLIES 46

foorschtbar
Shkhara

Same problem here. Since `2024/08/15 00:17:05 (GMT+0)` refreshing the access token wont work. On profile page i could see that the access token is expired. Status page says, API where fine 😞

MohamedN98
Mt. Kenya

I have the exact same issue since last night. Works fine from my local machine but my live server gets the following error:

Request blocked.
We can't connect to the server for this app or website at this time. There might be too much traffic or a configuration error. Try again later, or contact the app or website owner.

stanansems
Shkhara

I have the same issue for ClientID 1033 with the error 403

Request blocked. We can't connect to the server for this app or website at this time. There might be too much traffic or a configuration error. Try again later, or contact the app or website owner.
If you provide content to customers through CloudFront, you can find steps to troubleshoot and help prevent this error by reviewing the CloudFront documentation.

ActivityFix
Superuser
Superuser

I'm getting the same 403 errors others are seeing. My site has been down for ~12 hours now.

Interestingly on my development machine (localhost) everything is working perfectly and has been since late last night when the initial fix was made (~8 hours ago)

Things are still not working for us. Same error.

I wonder if they're slowly allowing apps access to avoid overloading the server with the massive request backlog. That seems like it would be a smart thing to do.

Could be that or they simply applied some AWS security rule that broke apps running in datacenters. I think that requests from personal machines still work so that apps like Garmin can upload activities so that most upload apps work. The problem is that obviously the API is still broken for anyone using the Strava API on the server.

That wouldn't seem like a bad idea. It would be nice to have some communication about that though if it's the case.

Update: API access appears to be restored for my site as of ~6:30am EST/10:30am GMT

Anyone reading this: It looks like the rate limit headers have changed, be sure to update your code if needed. See https://communityhub.strava.com/t5/developer-discussions/rate-limit-headers-changed/td-p/38327 

jaimegil
Shkhara

Hi @Elliott, sorry to mention you directly. Just wanted to know if there is some info from the team about the API errors. Thanks a lot!

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings