cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aug 15th, 2024 - API Issues?

TrainerDay
Shkhara

I see on strava status there are problems.  We are facing problems submitting activities via API.  Normally this is very stable for years for us so we are pretty sure strava API has errors.  Anyone else seeing this? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Elliott
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

@jaimegil please don't apologize for mentioning me directly! 

There were residual issues from the incident yesterday but traffic should be restored for all apps. Sincerest apologies to anyone who experienced this issue and for our API status page not reflecting the behavior some of you were experiencing. 

If anyone is still experiencing issues please let me know. 

View solution in original post

46 REPLIES 46

I see that it started working again for us.

iayay
Mt. Kenya

We have the same problem, is there a way to report this to Strava? - since according to the status page https://status.strava.com/ the API is working fine 😕

i opend a ticket via email at developer support and wait now for the aswer

I think the API is working, but not the authorization (token and refresh token requests), although I didn't test it. I also opened a ticket a few hours ago, but I don't expect any reply. I think there is a serious issue because this is already taking more than 12 hours. 

Having the same issue with the authorization code exchange interface. i.e. 

Come on, an API without access is for me a not working API and has not earned a green tick on the status dashboard 😄

Without a key you couldn't use the care. The care is working yes, but useless 😄

matejl
Shkhara

Yes, same problem here. 
ERROR: The request could not be satisfied
403 ERROR

mattgleich
Mt. Kenya

I am also seeing the same problem. If I had to guess, its most likely a AWS security rule that has been applied that blocks requests from certain types of servers (like ones in data centers). I manually updated the access token on my server to see if is just a problem with refreshing it, but it still fails to fetch activities returning a status code of 403.

MikeChuckRoast
Mt. Kenya

Came here for the same reason. My server is getting a 403 (Forbidden) response when trying to do the token exchange; though it works fine for me locally. I was afraid my server got blacklisted, but it sounds like there's a bigger problem going on. 

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings