cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clubs endpoint documentation update

Nick
Shkhara

Can you please update the clubs documentation at https://developers.strava.com/docs/reference/#api-Clubs. The data returned does not match the docs and there is some limit to the pagination effecting the number of activities that can be returned. Many users ran into both these issues and posted on the old Google groups.

Hopefully when you document these it will become clear this endpoint needs to be improved as it's currently of very limited use.

15 REPLIES 15

Elliott
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

@Nick @rorhug wanted to follow up and let you know that the documentation has been updated to now reflect a `ClubActivity` as opposed to the incorrect `SummaryActivity`. 

Hi @Elliott , it seems that the swagger json for this piece of the API spec (https://developers.strava.com/swagger/activity.json#/DetailedActivity) has become invalid because of this update. Can someone please correct it? Thanks!

Elliott
Community Manager

Great catch! Just went in and fixed the JSON formatting.

Should be all good now, thanks for flagging! 

Elliott
Community Manager

@rorhug @Nick got it - we see where the inconsistency is now in the docs. The documented SummaryActivity model is out of sync with the documented response for club activities. I've added a ticket to get this updated. Apologies for any confusion and really appreciate you both flagging & talking through things here! 

Can you also please check the pagination? It has always been totally broken for this endpoint. There's some weird hard limit on how far back you can go.

Elliott
Community Manager

You got it! 🙂 

Elliott
Community Manager

Hi Nick, 

Thanks for the feedback!

Which data points are you finding returned that does not match our documentation so that we can take a look? The team just did an audit of a response returned by the get club activities endpoint and it matched up with our docs. We want to be sure to investigate what you're seeing on your end as well, thanks! 

I've since given up with this API. It's too frustrating. I have un-marked the solution until someone comes along and fixes this properly as per the other comments.

Great, I see you have (at some point) updated the docs to show you return `MetaAthlete` objects within the `SummaryActivity` objects. This wasn't the case before. The `MetaAthlete` objects contain just a userid, this is useless... but at least it's accurate!

The other big issue is the number of `SummaryActivity` objects that are returned. There used to be a weird hard limit and it didn't respect the paging params. Did you fix that too?

Oh, and now there's a start datetime! I think that's new too. Wow, is this finally approaching something usable?!