cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internal Server Error on watch.samsung.strava.com at first boot of app on samsung watch

UsainBolt
Mt. Kenya

Hi

I have reinstalled my Strava app on my Samsung Gear Sport AB91 SM-R600 .

This because I got a new non-Samsung cell phone and Samsung forced me to reinstall it Strava App on Watch. Tizen OS  4.0.0 7 Knox 2.3.1 TIMZ 3.0.0

At first boot of the Strava  app (1.7.24) I see that I need to type in 4 digits, for authentication.
On my mobile phone ( having connected the Samsung Galaxy Wearble App) the app redirected to  https://watch.samsung.strava.com/ 

which shows:

{"message": "Internal server error"}

Why is this msg seen?
Also is there anywhere else I can get those 4 digits from ? ( from another than the web site that respond HTTP500) .
So that I can continue to use Strava on my Samsung Watch Gear.

I have no problem with any other Samsung apps*  on my cell phone, nor on my Gear Watch.
I only have problem with the Strava app, on the Gear Watch.

*(nor account problems after creating a password - because there were none initially as it was created on google initially)

Thanks for any ideas,
Usain Bolt

54 REPLIES 54

pppp
Mt. Kenya

are you stoping strava support on samsung galaxy?

SAMPATHKUMAR
Shkhara

Same issue. Frustrating as this is not solved by Strava by many a days.. need to think about switching to other apps. 

Roy1
Shkhara

I have the same issue, how will we be made aware when resolved? As i have got to entre the 4 digit code and thats it? 

Bit of a pain as i am training for London 2024 Marathin and also while in training doing chariry runs, where i have to submit KM's and Times Etc 

furke72
Mt. Kenya

I have the same problem, trying to connect Strava app to my Samsung Galaxy Watch3. I get asked to type a four digit code, supposed to be viewed on watch.samsung.strava.com, but I also get the message "internal server error""

Me to

NeilPatt
Shkhara

In the meantime, you can record your activities on Samsung Health via your watch. You just have to log onto your Samsung Health app on your phone and link to strava via Settings and then Services.

It will automatically upload any GPS activities to Strava. Any non-GPS activities, such as workouts can be shared with Strava manually.

The GPS activities on Samsung Health seem to sync far better with Strava via my watch than the Strava Watch app ever did.

thats a good workaround, will try that today, thanks

Robert_K
Mt. Kenya

Same issue too

NeilPatt
Shkhara

I've had a reply from Strava Support after I created a ticked.

They say they are aware of the issue and are working to resolve it.

RobinKoole
Mt. Kenya

I am having the same issue too! Lets hope my run is still saved after reinstalling the app on my watch..