cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internal Server Error on watch.samsung.strava.com at first boot of app on samsung watch

UsainBolt
Mt. Kenya

Hi

I have reinstalled my Strava app on my Samsung Gear Sport AB91 SM-R600 .

This because I got a new non-Samsung cell phone and Samsung forced me to reinstall it Strava App on Watch. Tizen OS  4.0.0 7 Knox 2.3.1 TIMZ 3.0.0

At first boot of the Strava  app (1.7.24) I see that I need to type in 4 digits, for authentication.
On my mobile phone ( having connected the Samsung Galaxy Wearble App) the app redirected to  https://watch.samsung.strava.com/ 

which shows:

{"message": "Internal server error"}

Why is this msg seen?
Also is there anywhere else I can get those 4 digits from ? ( from another than the web site that respond HTTP500) .
So that I can continue to use Strava on my Samsung Watch Gear.

I have no problem with any other Samsung apps*  on my cell phone, nor on my Gear Watch.
I only have problem with the Strava app, on the Gear Watch.

*(nor account problems after creating a password - because there were none initially as it was created on google initially)

Thanks for any ideas,
Usain Bolt

54 REPLIES 54

reuben
Mt. Kenya

I have the same problem with the Active 2. Same error

Tominthetta
Mt. Kenya

Same issue with Galaxy Active 2, had a good cycling day and it wouldnt sync, finally reinstalled only to get this internal server error page! disappointed!

I had the very same syncing issue with my runs and yoga sessions and thought it was my device. Reinstalled and reset the whole stupid lot only to get to the 4 digit code issue. What a mess, I'm sure we've lost those unsyncd sessions now. 

mrjobby
Mt. Kenya

Same for me. After completing my run yday I was annoyed it wouldnt sync from my samsung watch. I tried reinstalling the app and stumbled on the same "internal server error" issue.

Cbrohard3
Mt. Kenya

Confirmed same issue. Samsung Galaxy Active2 watch. Tried restarting both devices, reinstalling on both devices. No solution yet.

Walli
Mt. Kenya

End of Maintainance for Samsung Watches, or elder ones like my Gear S3 Classic? As Samsung Watches is not inbound in the Strava setting the webpage might be Samsung hosted. Don't know if our comments here change anything, but still our records via Samsung are missing on Strava, and this might change our decision to continue either with Samsung devices or Strava recording if it continues.

NeilPatt
Shkhara

I'm having the same issue. I was trying to resolve some sync problems and activity recording issues by uninstalling and reinstalling the apps on my Samsung Galaxy Watch and on my phone. Trying to reconnect my watch to Strava has resulted in the same Internal server error as you've had.

Very frustrating. 

Phew, I thought I was the only one. I had a really good run yesterday and found out it won't sync. So disappointing.

UsainBolt
Mt. Kenya

Thanks for sharing your experience, good that I wasn't only me.
Ok, lets hope it works better tomorrow and that Strava automate it's regression testing a bit better in the future. (Or hardening their network topology a bit better if it was caused by a DDOS attack)

Hahahahaha. You are in IT as well? Hahahahaha.

Let's see tomorrow for the User Acceptance Test result.