cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

The Hub is now in read-only mode as we make improvements to the Hub experience. More information is available here.

Problem while posting activity

Oddball
Mt. Kenya

Hello colleagues,

This is my first post here. In fact it's my first time ever when I reach to any community for help. So please have mercy 🙂 
I tried to learn how to make API calls. I wanted to make call to Strava to fill my feed with dummy activity. 

But when I thought I made everything correctly here is an result:

Oddball_1-1708565839106.png

And I wonder If it's me who made something wrong or really It's bad luck?

I will be greateful for your help,

Lukasz

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ActivityFix
Superuser
Superuser

It's hard to say as you are passing a lot of additional parameters which aren't needed and could be messing up the request (like the cookies). It may also be a temporary issue as usually you'd get an error about an invalid request rather than a CloudFront error. That said, there are several issues that I can see:

1. If you're trying to create an activity, it should be a POST request to /activities, not a GET
  2. You don't need any of the parameters you're passing except the authorization header. See createActivity for the list of arguments
    1. Also your authorization header has a typo. It needs to be Bearer
  3. You need to pass the parameters listed in createActivity.

Before you try to create an activity I would recommend starting with a much simpler call like getLoggedInAthlete which doesn't require any parameters. It will let you verify that the rest of your setup like getting a token is correct. Once you've got that working you can move on to other API calls which require additional arguments.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

ActivityFix
Superuser
Superuser

It's hard to say as you are passing a lot of additional parameters which aren't needed and could be messing up the request (like the cookies). It may also be a temporary issue as usually you'd get an error about an invalid request rather than a CloudFront error. That said, there are several issues that I can see:

1. If you're trying to create an activity, it should be a POST request to /activities, not a GET
  2. You don't need any of the parameters you're passing except the authorization header. See createActivity for the list of arguments
    1. Also your authorization header has a typo. It needs to be Bearer
  3. You need to pass the parameters listed in createActivity.

Before you try to create an activity I would recommend starting with a much simpler call like getLoggedInAthlete which doesn't require any parameters. It will let you verify that the rest of your setup like getting a token is correct. Once you've got that working you can move on to other API calls which require additional arguments.

Hello,

I made it!

Oddball_0-1708645766325.png

Although I faced errors with code 400 bad request when I had this Bearer in string. 
I have to say I don't quite understand what is it. 
Anyhow, I found someone put access_token in string to other API CALL when this Bearer was required. So I followed same logic and put access_token instead of "Bearer [token]". And from that moment it works as a charm! 

Thank you for you help, your guidance was helpful!

Cheers,
Lukasz