cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add Others not showing

Jengy23
Mt. Kenya

Hi All,

I normally run with a friend who doesn’t take their phone/watch so after we run I use the ‘Add Others’ function when viewing the run summary so they can add the run to their profile.

Recently the ‘Add Others’ function has disappeared and I don’t know how to get it back.

Has anyone else experienced this? And if so can you please guide me on how to add the feature back?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @Jengy23 and @George678 

Thanks for posting about this.

I would recommend checking the activity privacy controls on the activity.  If the activity is set to "only you", you won't be able to add or invite others.  Also be aware that you can't add/invite others to manually added activities.

Full instructions for this feature are here

Let us know if that doesn't help.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

HappyCamperSam
Mt. Kenya

This has also happened to my Strava, all my settings are the same but I can no longer add anyone. 

Prim
Mt. Kenya

Hi I have the same issue. All the settings are correct, but i do not have the add others button. I have deleted and redownloaded the app and it has not fixed the issue.

George678
Mt. Kenya

Hi, for me it was because i had the first 400m hidden on my maps and the run i did was around a park which was not bigger than 400m around, so check the hidden maps feature or hidden distance from start, if thats is set, the ‘as a bird flys’ distance might not be big enough.

Hope that helps someone!

This is the correct answer! I was running around a track for the run. I unhid the entire map and it allowed me to add another person. Thank you @George678!

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @Jengy23 and @George678 

Thanks for posting about this.

I would recommend checking the activity privacy controls on the activity.  If the activity is set to "only you", you won't be able to add or invite others.  Also be aware that you can't add/invite others to manually added activities.

Full instructions for this feature are here

Let us know if that doesn't help.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

Why does my nephew have an "Add" button when we do a group ride, but I have an "Invite" button? He can just literally add the people who came with us, but I cannot. Seems odd.

George678
Mt. Kenya

Hello,

this has also happened to me, the add others button has disappeared.