cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

The Hub is now in read-only mode as we make improvements to the Hub experience. More information is available here.

Propuesta para Implementar una Función de Exploración de Rutas en Strava

i-manu
Mt. Kenya
Spoiler

Spoiler
Propuesta para implementar una función de exploración de rutas en Strava
Spoiler
Introducción:
Translation:Introduction

En el competitivo mundo de las aplicaciones de fitness y actividades al aire libre, la posibilidad de explorar y descubrir nuevas rutas es una característica muy valorada por los usuarios. Actualmente, plataformas como Wikiloc y Komoot ofrecen esta funcionalidad, permitiendo a los usuarios explorar rutas creadas por otros miembros de la comunidad. Proponemos la implementación de una función similar en Strava, utilizando los datos de los usuarios existentes para mejorar la experiencia de usuario y atraer nuevos miembros.

Translation: In the competitive world of fitness and outdoor apps, the ability to explore and discover new routes is a feature highly valued by users. Currently, platforms such as Wikiloc and Komoot offer this functionality, allowing users to explore routes created by other members of the community. We propose implementing a similar feature on Strava, using data from existing users to improve the user experience and attract new members.

Spoiler
Objetivo:
Translation: Aim

Desarrollar una función de exploración de rutas en Strava que permita a los usuarios descubrir, planificar y compartir rutas de una manera interactiva y atractiva. Esta funcionalidad aprovechará los datos de actividad existentes en nuestra plataforma y proporcionará una interfaz intuitiva para navegar y buscar rutas.

Translation: Develop a route exploration feature in Strava that allows users to discover, plan and share routes in an interactive and engaging way. This functionality will leverage existing activity data on our platform and provide an intuitive interface for navigating and searching for routes.

Spoiler
Características principales, Exploración de ruta:
Translation: Key Features, Route Exploration:
  • Spoiler
    Mapa interactivo:
    Translation: Interactive map:
    un mapa dinámico donde los usuarios pueden explorar rutas populares en su área o en cualquier parte del mundo.
    Translation: a dynamic map where users can explore popular routes in their area or anywhere in the world.
  • Spoiler
    Filtros de búsqueda:
    Translation: Search filters:
    Capacidad de filtrar rutas por distancia, dificultad, tipo de actividad (ciclismo, carrera, senderismo, etc.), elevación y popularidad.
    Translation: Ability to filter routes by distance, difficulty, activity type (cycling, running, hiking, etc.), elevation, and popularity.
  • Spoiler
    Rutas sugeridas:
    Translation: Suggested routes:
    basadas en el historial de actividad del usuario y sus preferencias personales.
    Translation:based on the user's activity history and personal preferences.
  • Spoiler
    Visualización de ruta:
    Translation: Route display:
  • Spoiler
    Detalles de la ruta:
    Translation: Route details:
    información detallada sobre cada ruta, incluida la distancia total, el tiempo estimado, la ganancia de elevación acumulada y los puntos de interés.
    Translation:Detailed information about each route, including total distance, estimated time, cumulative elevation gain, and points of interest.
  • Spoiler
    Perfil de elevación:
    Translation: Elevation profile:
    gráficos de elevación que muestran los cambios de altitud a lo largo de la ruta.
    Translation:Elevation graphs showing altitude changes along the route.
  • Spoiler
    Fotos y Comentarios:
    Translation: Photos and Comments:
    Opción para ver fotos y comentarios de otros usuarios que han realizado la ruta.
    Translation:Option to see photos and comments from other users who have taken the route.
  • Spoiler
    Conclusión:
    Translation: Conclusion:

La implementación de una función de exploración de rutas en Strava no solo enriquecerá la experiencia del usuario, sino que también posicionará a Strava como una plataforma líder en el descubrimiento y la planificación de actividades al aire libre. Al aprovechar los datos existentes y la comunidad, podemos ofrecer una herramienta poderosa y atractiva que atraerá y retendrá a más usuarios.

Espero que esta propuesta te ayude a presentar tu idea al equipo de desarrollo de Strava. ¡Buena suerte!
    Translation: Implementing a route exploration feature on Strava will not only enrich the user experience, but will also position Strava as a leading platform for outdoor activity discovery and planning. By leveraging existing data and community, we can deliver a powerful and engaging tool that will attract and retain more users. I hope this proposal helps you present your idea to the Strava development team. Good luck!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bryant
Moderator Moderator

Hey @i-manu,

Thank you for writing in. The majority of the information within your post is already implemented within Strava.
However, if you have Ideas or Improvements you would like to see I encourage you to make a post within our Ideas sectionWe kindly ask that you review our Ideas guidelines, particularly the “What makes a good idea” section, to ensure that your ideas are clear, concise, and can reach as many others as possible.

Also, I wanted to point out the formatting of your feedback/suggestion. We ask that you refrain from the format you've used above as it may be confusing to our moderators and other Hub members to understand what you are stating. Lastly, I wanted to mention the language used. If possible, please try to translate your message to English before posting as our Moderators only speak english and we want to be sure we understand you as thoroughly as possible. 

Thank you!

KBryant24
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Bryant
Moderator Moderator

Hey @i-manu,

Thank you for writing in. The majority of the information within your post is already implemented within Strava.
However, if you have Ideas or Improvements you would like to see I encourage you to make a post within our Ideas sectionWe kindly ask that you review our Ideas guidelines, particularly the “What makes a good idea” section, to ensure that your ideas are clear, concise, and can reach as many others as possible.

Also, I wanted to point out the formatting of your feedback/suggestion. We ask that you refrain from the format you've used above as it may be confusing to our moderators and other Hub members to understand what you are stating. Lastly, I wanted to mention the language used. If possible, please try to translate your message to English before posting as our Moderators only speak english and we want to be sure we understand you as thoroughly as possible. 

Thank you!

KBryant24
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings