cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch 10 -> not recognized as device

bertwinb
Mont Blanc

Hi there,

Maybe it is some stupid user error but since I have my new Apple watch 10 (watchOS 11) my activities show some weird stuff and I can't find out where to fix it.
This is what happens: I record my activities with this new watch. If I look up the activity it shows the app in which I did my actvity. For example, a run in Strava will display Strava in my activity and a walk in apple work out, will show Apple Health in the activity. In my older activities the device was displayed as "Apple Watch series 6". I was expecting that activities recorded with Apple Watch 10 will display "Apple Watch series 10".

Does anyone recognize this issue and knows how to fix it? Thx!  

1 REPLY 1

JBW-Florida
Elbrus

This sounds a little bit like the problem I had when I purchased a newly released Garmin head unit... the make and model wouldn't appear on the activity page.  I opened up a helpdesk ticket and this was their response: 

"Thank you for contacting Strava. Sorry the data from your device is not being recognized properly on Strava. We do not have this device mapped in our system yet - which can cause your activity statistics to appear differently from what you see on the original platform you use.

I've filed a ticket for our engineers to add this model to Strava. Thank you for your patience."

It took them two weeks to add it to their system. I think that's what you're going to have to do -- open up a new  help ticket.  Or wait for some other Apple user to do it as this will be a popular watch.  (That's my guess, at least.)

JBW-Florida (he/him)
STRAVA | Occasional User

JBWFlorida_0-1705623321428.gif