cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple watch to strava

ebouch35
Mt. Kenya

So I will be using an apple watch soon and really want to use apples running interface.  I understand that i can make it automatically sync the apple workout to a strava workout, but will the running route be placed in my strava workout as well?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @ebouch35 

Thanks for posting about this.

You can record and upload activities from your Apple Watch to Strava one of two ways: using the Strava watch app or the native Apple Fitness app.  As long as you are recording GPS data on your watch, a map of your activity will show up on Strava.

With the Strava watch app, activities are synced directly to the Strava mobile app on your phone. Using Apple Fitness, activities are stored in Apple Health and synced to Strava once a connection between the two apps has been established. 

Please review instructions here.

I hope that helps.  Please let us know if you have any questions.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @ebouch35 

Yes, the native Apple Watch App should record those statistics also.  We recently published an article with some commonly asked questions about the Strava/Apple Watch integration.  Check it out here.

Jane (she/her)

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @ebouch35 

Thanks for posting about this.

You can record and upload activities from your Apple Watch to Strava one of two ways: using the Strava watch app or the native Apple Fitness app.  As long as you are recording GPS data on your watch, a map of your activity will show up on Strava.

With the Strava watch app, activities are synced directly to the Strava mobile app on your phone. Using Apple Fitness, activities are stored in Apple Health and synced to Strava once a connection between the two apps has been established. 

Please review instructions here.

I hope that helps.  Please let us know if you have any questions.

Jane (she/her)

Hi Jane,

my activity is not syncing from apple watch. I recorded two runs on the strava app on my apple watch and they remain as unsynced. 
i turned phone and watch off and it hasnt helped. My watch has connection and wifi, I hit sync on the apple watch for th activities and nothing.

i’ll be asking for a refund very quickly if I cant sync runs.thanks.

Thanks for the reply, very helpful.  Will using the native apple app still allow Strava to record my bestvefforts and achievements? ie pr time for 400 m while I was running a 5 k