cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch Ultra Beacon Error

Sven0204
Mt. Kenya

I just set up the Beacon feature on my Apple Watch Ultra 2, however when I initiate a workout I get a message stating, “We weren’t able to share your location with XYZ.  Tap to send your Beacon manually.”  I’ve tried multiple emergency contacts but I get the same message for all of them.  The Beacon message will send if I initiate a workout using my cell phone, but not if I begin a workout using my Apple Watch.  I do have cellular activated on my Apple Watch.  Any idea what the fix is for this?  

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hey @Sven0204
Thanks for your post and sorry for any trouble. Please try the following steps to troubleshoot this issue:

• Open the Strava mobile app
  • You > Settings > Beacon > remove all safety contacts
  • In your phone's address book, edit each desired safety contact's number to start with ‘+1’ (or +countrycode depending on your geographic location)
  • re-add Beacon contacts in the Strava mobile app
  • New Beacon texts should be sent automatically

If the above steps do not resolve this for you, please submit a support ticket and we will investigate further.

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Sven0204
Mt. Kenya

Scout, 

That fixed the issue!  Thank you!

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hey @Sven0204
Thanks for your post and sorry for any trouble. Please try the following steps to troubleshoot this issue:

• Open the Strava mobile app
  • You > Settings > Beacon > remove all safety contacts
  • In your phone's address book, edit each desired safety contact's number to start with ‘+1’ (or +countrycode depending on your geographic location)
  • re-add Beacon contacts in the Strava mobile app
  • New Beacon texts should be sent automatically

If the above steps do not resolve this for you, please submit a support ticket and we will investigate further.

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings