cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strava doesn't sync correctly with Samsung Health

Pietro_Batoni
Mt. Kenya

Hi, I don't know why Strava and Samsung health wont properly connect,

I recently finished my first marathon but on strava it says that I only run for 33km,

as you can imagine this is pissing me off a lot, it wont save it correctly even if I manually upload the gpx file, it keep saying 33km,

What can I do?

WhatsApp Image 2023-11-28 at 08.46.30.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-11-28 at 08.46.30 (1).jpeg

  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @Pietro_Batoni 

Thanks for posting about this, and a huge Congratulations on the marathon!   I recommend you try switching the distance stream for this activity.

In some situations you can change the distance that is shown for your activity. Changing the distance stream may also update the pace or duration of an activity. If your device created a distance stream using sensors such as a speed sensor, pedometer, or accelerometer, you can switch your distance on Strava to use GPS data rather than the generated distance stream.

To swap your distance stream:

• Go to your activity page on the website (this feature is currently not accessible in our mobile apps)
  • From the activity page click on (◦◦◦) the more options menu > Correct Distance.
  • From the pop-up, click "Correct Distance".
  • When the status changes from "Calculating" to "Updated," refresh the page.

If you would like to revert the change, you can click the same link and click "Revert Distance".

For more information, see our article on How distance is calculated for your activity

Let me know if that helps.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @Pietro_Batoni 

Thanks for posting about this, and a huge Congratulations on the marathon!   I recommend you try switching the distance stream for this activity.

In some situations you can change the distance that is shown for your activity. Changing the distance stream may also update the pace or duration of an activity. If your device created a distance stream using sensors such as a speed sensor, pedometer, or accelerometer, you can switch your distance on Strava to use GPS data rather than the generated distance stream.

To swap your distance stream:

• Go to your activity page on the website (this feature is currently not accessible in our mobile apps)
  • From the activity page click on (◦◦◦) the more options menu > Correct Distance.
  • From the pop-up, click "Correct Distance".
  • When the status changes from "Calculating" to "Updated," refresh the page.

If you would like to revert the change, you can click the same link and click "Revert Distance".

For more information, see our article on How distance is calculated for your activity

Let me know if that helps.

Jane (she/her)

Hi Jane, thank you a lot.

Can you show me a screenshot of where this settings it's located, because english isn't my first language and I cannot find it

Hello @Pietro_Batoni 

Sure.  Go to the activity on a computer web browser by signing in at strava.com (this isn't available on the Mobile App).  Look for the 3 dots, select them and then look for the "correct distance" option.  See below:

Screenshot 2023-11-29 at 9.57.50 AM.png

If you're still having difficultly after trying this, please submit a support ticket and someone from Strava Support will be able to access your account and provide further assistance.

Jane (she/her)

I don't have that option, what can I do?

IMG_20231129_190234.jpg

Hello @Pietro_Batoni 

If you don't see that option it means we only have one distance stream available for this activity; therefore, we would use the GPS data to calculate the distance by adding up the distance from GPS point to GPS point. 

If you want someone from Strava Support to take a closer look at this, please submit a support ticket and someone will get in touch.

Jane (she/her)