cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Support - manually creating a segment match

mstephe7
Shkhara

Has anyone been able to get support manually creating a segment match? I have a request submitted (Request #2877036) that I haven't heard back from yet and I'm wondering if anyone has had success getting credit for a segment? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hey @mstephe7

Thanks for your post. The most common reason a segment doesn’t match on a ride or run is that GPS drift occurred while you were recording your activity. This can cause you to miss the start or endpoints of the segment - both of which are necessities - or can cause you to trigger our "Gap Threshold" in the middle of a segment.

One other possibility is that it is "hidden." There is a link at the bottom of the ride page (website only) that may say "Show hidden Segments." You may see the segment listed there - and you can unhide it. For more details, see the article here. You can find more info here: Segment Matching Issues

If you believe there should be a match, the best thing to do is submit a support ticket, as you have done. Our support team will get back to you as quickly as possible. Thanks for your patience. 

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hey @mstephe7

Thanks for your post. The most common reason a segment doesn’t match on a ride or run is that GPS drift occurred while you were recording your activity. This can cause you to miss the start or endpoints of the segment - both of which are necessities - or can cause you to trigger our "Gap Threshold" in the middle of a segment.

One other possibility is that it is "hidden." There is a link at the bottom of the ride page (website only) that may say "Show hidden Segments." You may see the segment listed there - and you can unhide it. For more details, see the article here. You can find more info here: Segment Matching Issues

If you believe there should be a match, the best thing to do is submit a support ticket, as you have done. Our support team will get back to you as quickly as possible. Thanks for your patience. 

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)

Hi Scout! Thanks so much for the reply! I believe that their should be a match and have submitted a ticket, do you have any way of estimating how long that process will take and how typically the match is successful if there is a drift that occurs mid segment that triggers the gap threshold? 

Hey @mstephe7
Thanks for the follow up. We currently have a high volume of emails and our support team is working as quickly as possible to get to everyone. I took a look and see that your email to support, #2877036 was submitted yesterday and is in the queue. 
As for matching success rate; I don't have numbers for this, however, I do know that our team will review each request and if possible, they will make the match. 
Thank you for your patience!

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)

mstephe7
Shkhara

Thanks! Do you remember about how long the process took?

anchskier
Denali

It's been a year or two since I last tried, but yes, I have had success with that process before a few different times.  

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings