cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cycling power import from Apple fitness

Fulumu
Shkhara

Hi, since a couple of months you can sync power meters on the bike to iOS eg Apple Watch. I’m planning to buy power meter pedals and record my power via the Apple Fitness app. Does Strava auto import the power and cadence data once the cycling workout is finished? I read in the DC rainmaker review that this wasn’t the case in July 2023 during the beta runs.

for the curious; I’m not planning to get a bike computer as I see my phone as a better all rounder for the things I’m doing on a bike.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @Fulumu 

Thanks for posting about this.  We do not currently ingest power data from Apple Watch into Strava for either running, or cycling activities.

We do have a related suggestion gather support on our Ideas Board.  I would encourage you to check it out (link below) and add your vote (kudos) and any comments.  Thanks so much for taking the time to share your feedback.

https://communityhub.strava.com/t5/ideas/apple-watch-add-stats-power-cadence-vertical-oscillation-gr...

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

itspollo
Mt. Kenya

I wonder if this would work... So, as part of WatchOS 10.2, you can send a Training Peak workout to your Apple Watch... This workout, I understand it properly records power meter data directly from the Apple Watch connected to your bike's power meter through bluetooth. What I would think might work, is that once that workout is reflected in Training Peaks (including power meter data), then you can download the workout as a .fit file from Training Peaks, and the manually upload it to Strava. I wonder if then, the power meter data (properly processed by Training Peaks), would then be also reflected in Strava. Could someone try this?

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @Fulumu 

Thanks for posting about this.  We do not currently ingest power data from Apple Watch into Strava for either running, or cycling activities.

We do have a related suggestion gather support on our Ideas Board.  I would encourage you to check it out (link below) and add your vote (kudos) and any comments.  Thanks so much for taking the time to share your feedback.

https://communityhub.strava.com/t5/ideas/apple-watch-add-stats-power-cadence-vertical-oscillation-gr...

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

That’s a bummer. Thanks for the reply.