cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live segment

Ivo_cz
Mt. Kenya

Hello, when will it be possible to use STRAVA Live segments on the Garmin Edge 1040? The last model that is supported is the Edge 1030 😥.

Thank you Ivo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @Ivo_cz 

Thanks for posting about this and apologies for any confusion.  Strava live segments are supported on the Garmin Edge 1040.

Check out our blog post about Live segments and be sure to let us know if you have more questions.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Ivo_cz
Mt. Kenya

🚴🏻‍♀️

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @Ivo_cz 

Thanks for posting about this and apologies for any confusion.  Strava live segments are supported on the Garmin Edge 1040.

Check out our blog post about Live segments and be sure to let us know if you have more questions.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

Hello Jane,

thank you for your answer. Garmin Edge 1040 is OK, but the STRAVA does not support this function. Strava does not send Live segments to the Garmin.

Supported devices

Ivo_cz_1-1707169236642.png

Goodbye Ivo

Strava live segments on the Garmin 1040 usually work, but only if you don't have a route loaded.

sorry it is not clear to me, I am sking becasue I am deciding what Garmin device to buy 
1. if I don't have a route loaded does it work with any segment? 
2.if I have the route loaded dooes it work with the segment on the route and not with any others? 

does any other Garmin devices have different behivior from 1040 ? 

1. It works with every not downhill segment you have starred in Strava, but Strava sends at maximum 100 segments to the Edge. If it's enabled in Strava then so called popular segments will appear to on the Edge too, but these segments are often useless.

2. If the route isn't coming from Strava you won't see any Strava live segment on the Edge. If it's a Strava route then the Edge should show the starred segments that were visible on route creation but that is unreliable.

Thank you Jan for your answers. 
what by definition is a "downhill" segment? what if I have a flat 2 km segment that happens to end -3 meters below the starting point?