cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Encountering error during activity on mobile app? No data recorded.

EmT
Mt. Kenya

I have an Android phone and I use the mobile app to record activities on Strava. On my last two activities, I hit 'record', did my walk/bike and when I went to hit 'finish' I got a message saying that Strava encountered a problem and none of the walk/ride had been recorded. On both occasions I had mobile data on, had checked the GPS signal was working when I hit record and was within city limits. I restarted my phone after the first incident and it still happened. Has anyone else had this issue and been able to resolve it? Cheers!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @EmT 

Thanks for posting. The most common reason that can occur is that the App hasn't acquired a strong GPS signal, and as a result can't record any data. Sorry about that, I know it's frustrating.

Here's some steps we recommend to improve this:

1. Turn the phone off/on.
  2. Turn GPS off/on.
  3. Be sure Strava is allowed to use your location. Settings > Apps > Strava > Permissions > Toggle Location ON. Be sure that you've allowed Strava to use GPS in the background.
  4. Disable any battery saver settings including Power Saving Mode, Battery Management, Optimization, or any third-party apps.
  5. Check that your location settings are set to High accuracy. Settings > Connections > Location > Locating method > High accuracy.
  6. Perform an "AGPS reset" by installing the App GPS Status & Toolbox, then in that app, go to Menu > Manage A-GPS State > Reset.

More troubleshooting information can be found here

Let us know if that helps get things working.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

jvungerer
Mt. Kenya

Hi

I have the same type of issue. I start strava on my Android phone and it will record 60km with out any issues. It then seems like it stops and then 15km after that starts recording again. Happened on 3 occupations now where I did a nice long ride in Cape Town and then there will be a straight line from where ever to my house. 

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @EmT 

Thanks for posting. The most common reason that can occur is that the App hasn't acquired a strong GPS signal, and as a result can't record any data. Sorry about that, I know it's frustrating.

Here's some steps we recommend to improve this:

1. Turn the phone off/on.
  2. Turn GPS off/on.
  3. Be sure Strava is allowed to use your location. Settings > Apps > Strava > Permissions > Toggle Location ON. Be sure that you've allowed Strava to use GPS in the background.
  4. Disable any battery saver settings including Power Saving Mode, Battery Management, Optimization, or any third-party apps.
  5. Check that your location settings are set to High accuracy. Settings > Connections > Location > Locating method > High accuracy.
  6. Perform an "AGPS reset" by installing the App GPS Status & Toolbox, then in that app, go to Menu > Manage A-GPS State > Reset.

More troubleshooting information can be found here

Let us know if that helps get things working.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team