cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy 6 pro not syncing with full functionallity

pedroaquadros
Mt. Kenya

I've already allowed all the permissions and it is working fine if I do activities like cyclism or running using Samsung Health. Usually it syncs well with full functionality with Strava afterwards.

But if I start the same activity in Strava instead of Samsung Health, it doesn't show my watch as a cardiac sensor so it is unable to get my heart data, unless I do it by Samsung Health and wait for sync.

This should not be a problem at all, but for weight lifting, the Strava app does not sync automatically with Samsung Health. Also, if I select weight lifting in the app, it doesn't show any cardiac sensor available and therefore is not possible to track my heart rate.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello @pedroaquadros 

Thanks for the reply and I understand.  In order to pair as a HR sensor to the Strava phone App, your Galaxy 6 watch would need to be able to broadcast HR to bluetooth devices.  I just did a quick search and based on this review of the watch:

https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2023/08/samsung-galaxy-watch6-and-watch6-classic-in-depth-review-is-it-f...

it sounds like that's not a possibility.  You could double check with Samsung in case there is a setting or an update that would allow you to turn on HR broadcasting on the watch.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

pedroaquadros
Mt. Kenya

You're right, Jane. I'm trying to start my training session in the Android App, but I expected to see the sensor in the App too, since it is supposed to be synced and for what I've searched in the foruns, this is what happens with other sensors.

I'm going to train later on today and will try to record by the OS app and report to you. In my opinion, even if it work this is not the best scenario. I would like to have the training recorded also in Samsung Health* and the sync would be the best solution. But I'll try and check what analysis Strava will bring me to opt between Samsung Health or Strava.

*This is because I found complementary both recordings. Samsung Health is better giving me detailed analysis of how to improve my running, but Strava does best comparing each train to other to analysis the "big picture"

Hello @pedroaquadros 

Thanks for the reply and I understand.  In order to pair as a HR sensor to the Strava phone App, your Galaxy 6 watch would need to be able to broadcast HR to bluetooth devices.  I just did a quick search and based on this review of the watch:

https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2023/08/samsung-galaxy-watch6-and-watch6-classic-in-depth-review-is-it-f...

it sounds like that's not a possibility.  You could double check with Samsung in case there is a setting or an update that would allow you to turn on HR broadcasting on the watch.

Jane (she/her)

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hi @pedroaquadros 

Thanks for posting about this.  Can you clarify if you're recording your weight lifting sessions on the Strava Android App on your phone?  You mention "it doesn't show any cardiac sensor available" which made me think that's likely the case.

I would recommend using the Strava Wear OS App on your Galaxy 6 Pro watch instead.  If you record with that App on the watch, your heart rate should automatically sync to your Strava activity.. Please visit the link below for information:

Information and Instructions for Strava Wear OS App

Let us know if you have any more questions - we're happy to help.

Jane (she/her)