cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung galaxy watch 4 classic can't sync with phone

Kegeltje
Mt. Kenya

Hi there,

Somehow I can't seem to add the Samsung galaxy watch 4 classic to my Strava account on the phone. I have downloaded them both but I am unable to sync them properly.

The weird thing is, it is somehow connected to my account because I can record runs from the watch and it will be uploaded to the Strava account, but when I start a run from the phone it doesnt record anything from the watch like my heart BPM. 

As far as I know I have given permission in the settings to both devices. 

I also tried following the sync procedure on the app on the phone and it eventually gives me a 4 number digit to enter, however there seems to be no option on the watch to put these numbers in to make them sync..

Any advice?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @Kegeltje 

Thanks for posting about this and apologies for any confusion.  The Samsung Galaxy watch can't be paired to the Strava Android App as a heart rate sensor.  To capture your heart rate data using the Watch, you'll need to record with the watch and sync that watch recorded data to Strava.

If you want to record with the Strava Android App on your phone and also record heart rate, you would need to connect a compatible Bluetooth heart rate sensor to the phone.  Find out more here

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @Kegeltje 

Thanks for posting about this and apologies for any confusion.  The Samsung Galaxy watch can't be paired to the Strava Android App as a heart rate sensor.  To capture your heart rate data using the Watch, you'll need to record with the watch and sync that watch recorded data to Strava.

If you want to record with the Strava Android App on your phone and also record heart rate, you would need to connect a compatible Bluetooth heart rate sensor to the phone.  Find out more here

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team