cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

The Hub is now in read-only mode as we make improvements to the Hub experience. More information is available here.

GARMIN to Strava

Ibex
Mt. Kenya

I have an old activity I want too move to Strava. In GARMIN Connect the one option I see is for a CSV file transfer. How can I covert that to a file Strava will read?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

anchskier
Denali

When you open the activity in Garmin Connect, click on the little gear icon in the far top right of the page.  It will have a dropdown that allows you to export in multiple file types.  You should be able to use .TCX or .GPX.  I usually use .GPX.  Once you have that file exported (note where it is saved on your computer).  Open Strava and click on the "+" icon in the top right and select add manual entry and then "file" from the left menu.  Select the .GPX file you just saved and follow the prompts. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Update from @Ibex : Thank You I figured out my issue I was just highlighting the route  in my list of activities and not taking the step to open it up. I was not seeing the wheel beforehand.  Now when I open up the route I see the settings wheel and can now choose how I save the route to my Mac

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

anchskier
Denali

When you open the activity in Garmin Connect, click on the little gear icon in the far top right of the page.  It will have a dropdown that allows you to export in multiple file types.  You should be able to use .TCX or .GPX.  I usually use .GPX.  Once you have that file exported (note where it is saved on your computer).  Open Strava and click on the "+" icon in the top right and select add manual entry and then "file" from the left menu.  Select the .GPX file you just saved and follow the prompts.