cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garmin watch doesnt show as a heart rate sensor

Mraz
Shkhara

I recently got a new watch the forerunner 55. I connected it to strava with the garmin connect app but when i try to track my heartbean on strava i dont see it as an available sensor or anything. Im kinda new to this, all permissions should be turned on dont know what else to try. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hi Mraz

Something else to check.  In order for Garmin watches to be detected as a heart rate sensor by other Apps, you'll need to make sure it's set to broadcast heart rate.  It won't be discoverable if that setting isn't enabled on the watch.  

I found some info on the Garmin site that may help.  

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hi Mraz

Something else to check.  In order for Garmin watches to be detected as a heart rate sensor by other Apps, you'll need to make sure it's set to broadcast heart rate.  It won't be discoverable if that setting isn't enabled on the watch.  

I found some info on the Garmin site that may help.  

Jane (she/her)

thank you for your help this has solved it fully

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hey @Mraz
Thanks for your post. There are a few reasons why you may not be seeing your heart rate on your activity.

Please check that you have granted Strava consent to process and store your health-related data which includes heart rate data. If you'd like Strava to collect and process health data for future activities you can change your permission settings before your next upload. You may need to double check that you have entered your Date of Birth on your account as well. Please go ahead and update your account information on your profile settings page: https://www.strava.com/settings/profile. If you are under 16, you will be unable to approve health permissions as this time.

Unfortunately, our team won't be able to add health-related data back to any activities uploaded while Strava that either did not record with a Bluetooth monitor OR if you did not have permission approved.

If this is not the case and you are still not seeing your heart rate on new activity uploads please submit a support ticket and we will investigate further.

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)

Hello thanks for the reply but i have already given all permissions and im over 16 it still doesnt work in the strava app but my solution is when i record an activity on my watch ans then garmin connect uploads it to strava the heartbeat is showing im okay with that but thank you