cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This post has been escalated to our Support team for one of the following reasons: it requires sharing personal information, the intervention of an admin, or multiple exchanges. We may also escalate to our Support team if a topic is highly complex or technical.

[Known Issue] Strava map displays incorrect ride end point

dhflies
Shkhara

On my last 3 rides, my Strava route shows that I ended my ride sooner than I actually did. I sync my Sigma ROX 11.0 bike computer to Strava and upload my data after each ride. My Sigma app shows that I did the full route, however, Strava seems to come up with a random endpoint. This is not a privacy setting since that appears grey when looking at my routes, this is actually a little checkered flag showing I ended my ride in a location that I did not. I have attached images of my Sigma route map and my Strava route map for your information.

Sigma map:

Sigma app mapSigma app map

Strava map:

Strava app mapStrava app map

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Scout
Moderator Moderator

UPDATE: We have confirmed with Sigma's engineers that the issue is on their end. Sigma has requested that athletes currently experiencing this issue reach out to their support team directly for further assistance with resolving the issue. You can reach their support team here: https://sigmasport.com/service-center/

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

38 REPLIES 38

Philipp
Mt. Kenya

Side effect of all this unwillingness: When pausing in a segment, one can easily get the KOM/QOM. Chances for a fix are higher in case of lots of bs times. Did the mile in 15 seconds today 😉

shodan
Mt. Kenya

Sigma rox 11.1 same problem... 

this is answer:

Hello customer,

Thank you for your message.

STRAVA has made some changes to the calculation of the distances. As a result, manual break times are now deducted from your distance traveled at the end of your recording. We have not made a change that is causing the problem, but STRAVA has changed something in the calculation of the distances.

This problem is not present in our applications and in Training Peaks, Komoot etc., but only in STRAVA.

We are looking into how we can now adapt our devices to STRAVA. I cannot tell you at the moment whether this change is possible.

You can use the following workaround:

> Import the .fit file / tcx. file directly via the Strava website

> Do not use pause mode, i.e. no manual pause and no automatic pause. You can also share the file via the RIDE APP , LINK APP or the DATA CENTER to STRAVA.

We wish you a pleasant day.

WHAT is the problem with STRAVA interface ? WHY? CAN'T YOU FIX THIS **bleep**!

eric123
Mt. Kenya

I have the same problem. recorded with rox 11.0. I uploaded first with android app, then with the PC and the result was the same. finally I uploaded manually the FIT file, and again the same. Only when I uplaoded the tcx file it was working, but I lost all my power values. Still not a good solution.

Yes, same for me. Uploading the tcx is fine for me, but i hate that the data for calories and power is wrong with that method. Submitted a ticket at sigma and hoping for a reply, in the meantime i am trying to switch off the automatic pause, but i dont like that solution either...

TorpedoStoph
Mt. Kenya

Problem is still present with Sigma Rox 11.0. I`ve also submitted a ticket last year and Strava accused that the problem is on the Sigma side, Sigma accused Strava that the problem is on their side. So what now??

Use your ROX without manual and automatic pause then you will also have the exact distance in STRAVA. 

Cuan
Mt. Kenya

Virtual/Indoor rides too. Its affecting Challenges. I've just done a 100KM indoor ride and Strava lists it as an 86Km ride. Sigma Rox 11. looking back its affected my last 4 indoor rides ..Regards

Scout
Moderator Moderator

UPDATE: We have confirmed with Sigma's engineers that the issue is on their end. Sigma has requested that athletes currently experiencing this issue reach out to their support team directly for further assistance with resolving the issue. You can reach their support team here: https://sigmasport.com/service-center/

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

Hello again,

I have now exported the fit file from Sigma and tried to upload it manually to Strava. I only get an error message "The upload is empty".

But I can upload exactly this file to https://filext.com/de/online-file-viewer.html and display it correctly! The complete route is there.

That tells me that the error is clearly on the Strava side. Is there even a workaround or is it: buy a Garmin bike computer? That would be more than frustrating and unacceptable. In any case, I'm pretty annoyed that neither side seems to care. After all, isn't that what Strava does for a living? But both sides are obviously keeping quiet about it, so I'm already wondering whether another tool might be interesting for my purposes... Maybe I'd rather not know the problems behind the silence on both sides...