cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

The Hub is now in read-only mode as we make improvements to the Hub experience. More information is available here.

Lost Strava app on my Apple Watch series 3

RemyCano
Mt. Kenya

Hi everybody.

today strava app is not available on my Apple Watch serie 3. I tried a lot of things, I restart the phone and the watch, I reinstall the app. Nothing worked. I cannot even see the app on the watch app list.

do you know how to resolve this problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Scout
Moderator Moderator

👋 Hi All, 

Thanks for your patience and we apologize that the Strava Watch app is no longer available for your Apple Watch. Unfortunately, the Strava Watch app will no longer be available for any watchOS below watchOS 9. If you haven't updated your Watch to the recent OS, you can update your watchOS by going to:

Watch iOS app > General > Software Update

If your device cannot update to watchOS 9 or higher, you can still upload your activities to Strava using the Apple Watch's Workout app. Please review the directions below to set this up:

Connecting Strava and the Apple Health App

• From your profile, open Settings (gear icon) > Applications, Services, and Devices > Health > Select the plus sign icon.
  • Tap Connect on the next screen.
  • You'll be taken to the Health Access page where you can enable the sharing of data from Strava to Health. You can control which types of information Strava will read and write to Health. You must enable Workouts for the sharing of any data (cycling, running, calories, etc.) to work.
    • After the initial set up, you can modify Strava's Health Access by going into the Health app and clicking on Sources > Strava.

Syncing from Strava to Health

• Navigate to Settings (gear icon) > Applications, Services, and Devices > Health and toggle Send to Health ON.
  • Strava will send data to Health such as route information, activity type, distance, time, and calories automatically. Please be aware that route information from third-party activities (Garmin, Zwift, etc.) will not sync to Health.

Syncing activities from the Workout app to Strava

• Navigate to Settings (gear icon) > Applications, Services, and Devices > Health > toggle Automatic Uploads ON. New activities recorded with the Workout app will now automatically sync to your Strava account.
  • Alternatively, you can manually select activities to sync using the Import button next to any activities listed on that screen.
  • If you see a warning that the workout does not have route information, and the activity is an indoor workout, select Import. If the activity is an outdoor workout select Maybe Later and try uploading again later.

You can also review our article on our Health integration

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Scout
Moderator Moderator

👋 Hi All, 

Thanks for your patience and we apologize that the Strava Watch app is no longer available for your Apple Watch. Unfortunately, the Strava Watch app will no longer be available for any watchOS below watchOS 9. If you haven't updated your Watch to the recent OS, you can update your watchOS by going to:

Watch iOS app > General > Software Update

If your device cannot update to watchOS 9 or higher, you can still upload your activities to Strava using the Apple Watch's Workout app. Please review the directions below to set this up:

Connecting Strava and the Apple Health App

• From your profile, open Settings (gear icon) > Applications, Services, and Devices > Health > Select the plus sign icon.
  • Tap Connect on the next screen.
  • You'll be taken to the Health Access page where you can enable the sharing of data from Strava to Health. You can control which types of information Strava will read and write to Health. You must enable Workouts for the sharing of any data (cycling, running, calories, etc.) to work.
    • After the initial set up, you can modify Strava's Health Access by going into the Health app and clicking on Sources > Strava.

Syncing from Strava to Health

• Navigate to Settings (gear icon) > Applications, Services, and Devices > Health and toggle Send to Health ON.
  • Strava will send data to Health such as route information, activity type, distance, time, and calories automatically. Please be aware that route information from third-party activities (Garmin, Zwift, etc.) will not sync to Health.

Syncing activities from the Workout app to Strava

• Navigate to Settings (gear icon) > Applications, Services, and Devices > Health > toggle Automatic Uploads ON. New activities recorded with the Workout app will now automatically sync to your Strava account.
  • Alternatively, you can manually select activities to sync using the Import button next to any activities listed on that screen.
  • If you see a warning that the workout does not have route information, and the activity is an indoor workout, select Import. If the activity is an outdoor workout select Maybe Later and try uploading again later.

You can also review our article on our Health integration

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)

sophie773
Mt. Kenya

This happened to me today too, I searched Strava in the App Store on my watch and it says it requires OS 9.0 or later. The series 3 stopped updating after about 8.8. I’m gutted 😢

Scout
Moderator Moderator

👋 Hello...

Thanks for the posts. We are looking into this and will post any updates we get from our team about this. Thank you for your patience!

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)

NOTTNICK
Mt. Kenya

Me too. I have tried everything. Just vanished today, it was there yesterday. Watch ios 8.8.1 Iphone 13 17.6.1

Meghanalbarez
Mt. Kenya

Same thing happened to me this morning, any updates?

DFL
Mt. Kenya

Mine has disappeared, as has my wife’s. Tried everything but it’s gone and nothing works. It’s a bit off that I’ll need to buy a new watch just to keep using an app that I am paying for!

RJS
Mt. Kenya

My other half also had this happen today. When we went for our morning ride it was missing from her Apple Watch 3 and later when I checked the Watch App on her phone it is no longer listed there either. I wonder whether the Strava App updated and now needs a more recent version of the watchOS that isn't compatible with the older watches?

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings