cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Map not shown when I only brought the Galaxy Watch

jhbaek
Mt. Kenya

I usually work outside with the galaxy watch 4 without my smartphone.

and it used to draw a map 3 days ago.

but it hasn't drawn a map for 2days.

I ran the same route. I pressed the start button as usual. but I don't why the map hasn't been displayed for the past two days.

anybody helps?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @jhbaek 

Thanks for posting about this.

We are looking into a few reports from athletes regarding Samsung Watch 4 GPS issues. Can you confirm you are running the latest WearOS and Android OS on your watch and phone? If you fail to get a strong GPS signal initially, please force close the app and reopen on your watch to start over. If the screen times out the GPS may not lock and you will need to start over. 

Also, please ensure that you are only recording using one application on your watch. Other workout apps that record active exercises may interfere with your recording. The app you started most recently should end the previously used application for recording purposes.

Closing all applications should ensure that only your current app is using your location and heart rate information. Please be aware that we do not advise running Strava and other workout apps simultaneously on Wear OS devices. Other workout apps that record active exercises may interfere with your recording. The app you started most recently should end the previously running app. 

Let us know if that helps!

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @jhbaek 

Thanks for posting about this.

We are looking into a few reports from athletes regarding Samsung Watch 4 GPS issues. Can you confirm you are running the latest WearOS and Android OS on your watch and phone? If you fail to get a strong GPS signal initially, please force close the app and reopen on your watch to start over. If the screen times out the GPS may not lock and you will need to start over. 

Also, please ensure that you are only recording using one application on your watch. Other workout apps that record active exercises may interfere with your recording. The app you started most recently should end the previously used application for recording purposes.

Closing all applications should ensure that only your current app is using your location and heart rate information. Please be aware that we do not advise running Strava and other workout apps simultaneously on Wear OS devices. Other workout apps that record active exercises may interfere with your recording. The app you started most recently should end the previously running app. 

Let us know if that helps!

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team