cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixel 8 stops GPS tracking after a while

markr
Mt. Kenya

Most of the time when I use Strava for outdoor rowing, only say the first 10 minutes or less of a recording is saved. I've checked every setting I can think of, but whatever I do, tracking my rowing stops. Geolocations are recorded is very accurate, as long as it lasts. Any ideas?

Settings (I have to translate from non-English):

• Allowed app privileges: Devices in the neighborhood, Physical activity, Body sensors, Location, Messages
  • Settings > Apps > Strava > Permissions > Location: allowed for app use (some other apps also the option "allow always", but not Strava); exact location usage enabled
  • Suspend app activities when not used: disabled
  • Battery > Battery saving > disabled
  • Battery use app, Strava: allow background use: enabled

Any Google Pixel 8 (Android 14) users who have reliable GPS tracking in Strava?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

markr
Mt. Kenya

It might be a GPS connectivity issue afterall. This time I rowed with the mobile phone in my pocket, but without case protector. And I made sure that the upper side pointed upwards (I think the GPS antenna is at the top of the phone). Track was recorded is expected.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hi @markr 

Thanks for the update and glad to hear you had better luck with the latest recording.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

markr
Mt. Kenya

It might be a GPS connectivity issue afterall. This time I rowed with the mobile phone in my pocket, but without case protector. And I made sure that the upper side pointed upwards (I think the GPS antenna is at the top of the phone). Track was recorded is expected.

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings