cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixel 8 stops GPS tracking after a while

markr
Mt. Kenya

Most of the time when I use Strava for outdoor rowing, only say the first 10 minutes or less of a recording is saved. I've checked every setting I can think of, but whatever I do, tracking my rowing stops. Geolocations are recorded is very accurate, as long as it lasts. Any ideas?

Settings (I have to translate from non-English):

• Allowed app privileges: Devices in the neighborhood, Physical activity, Body sensors, Location, Messages
  • Settings > Apps > Strava > Permissions > Location: allowed for app use (some other apps also the option "allow always", but not Strava); exact location usage enabled
  • Suspend app activities when not used: disabled
  • Battery > Battery saving > disabled
  • Battery use app, Strava: allow background use: enabled

Any Google Pixel 8 (Android 14) users who have reliable GPS tracking in Strava?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

markr
Mt. Kenya

It might be a GPS connectivity issue afterall. This time I rowed with the mobile phone in my pocket, but without case protector. And I made sure that the upper side pointed upwards (I think the GPS antenna is at the top of the phone). Track was recorded is expected.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hi @markr 

Thanks for the update and glad to hear you had better luck with the latest recording.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

markr
Mt. Kenya

It might be a GPS connectivity issue afterall. This time I rowed with the mobile phone in my pocket, but without case protector. And I made sure that the upper side pointed upwards (I think the GPS antenna is at the top of the phone). Track was recorded is expected.