Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg _Battery drain on continuous usage of Strava App

Bharath_2023
Mt. Kenya

Dear sir / Mam,

Greetings to you , 

I'm going to participate in marathon , the organizer recommended your app to use in marathon . The problem is my mobile is one year older and my collegues are also participating , if the battery drains faster , what is the solution to use the app for 3 hours +.

Anticipates your responses,

Thanks & Best Regards 

Bharath H.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jan_Mantau
Denali

You could try to use the airplane mode with GPS still enabled and/or plug in a small powerbank (beware of auto off in the powerbank when the smartphone battery has reached 100%). Other than that using a standard smartphone for recording is not the right tool for the occasion, longer activities need dedicated devices or at least smartphones with extended battery runtime.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Jan_Mantau
Denali

You could try to use the airplane mode with GPS still enabled and/or plug in a small powerbank (beware of auto off in the powerbank when the smartphone battery has reached 100%). Other than that using a standard smartphone for recording is not the right tool for the occasion, longer activities need dedicated devices or at least smartphones with extended battery runtime.