cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(RESOLVED) Error message (non-null is null) when attempting to sync activities on Wear OS app

xRuby
Mt. Kenya

Sync of walk between Galaxy Watch 4 (Wear OS) and Samsung S21 failed. Fresh installs on both the phone and watch.

image_2024-04-02_234627643.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hi All 👋!
Thanks for your patience and sorry about the issues.

You can try the steps @TheFostah noted which resolved the issue without losing any data:

Open Strava on watch, sign out, and sign back in and it should ask you to grant it permission again.

If this doesn't work for you, our team has pushed a fix and you will need to do the following:

1. delete the Strava application from your watch
2. Power your device off for 10 seconds
3. turn your watch back on and reinstall the Strava application (v1.39).

Unfortunately, this will discard any pending activities that have not yet synced to your account but will remove the error and new activities should sync over again. If you have issues after doing the above, 
please submit a support ticket. If you have trouble with our online form, you can send an email to support@strava.zendesk.com. Please direct your email to the attention of Jimi. 

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

136 REPLIES 136

TheFostah
Shkhara

I found a FIX:

Open strava on watch, sign out, and sign back in and it should ask you to grant it permission again.

This fixed the sync issue for me.

Note: No activities were lost. I was able to sync on login. This was on Galaxy watch 5 pro. 

Thanks for the fix! Definitely worked without any data loss!

I can now confirm this works! It did successfully sync my unsynced activity, too, no data lost!

Log out (on the watch) and log back in (on the phone). You may need to do this more than once.

Does this delete activities that are waiting for sync, do you know?

Thank you very much, this solved the issue for me too. Thanks for sharing.

Not working here.

TheFostah
Shkhara

I found a fix:

Open strava on watch, sign out, and sign back in and it should ask you to grant it permission again. This fixed the sync issue for me.

broshwag
Shkhara

Come on Strava.  Surely you have a team of intelligent engineers.  You can do better than making us wait this long.  Take us back to an old version before this started until you work out the bug.  Or give us a refund while we wait.  Thank you.  

LeeB
Mt. Kenya

I am getting the same issue with WearOs (Mobvoi Ticwatch Pro 3 ultra) - sometimes later for no apparent reason the update will complete. 

deanMKD
Mt. Kenya

After today update, still can't sync my data from my watch. Disapointed how long takes to resolve this.

20240410_214923.jpg

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings