cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(RESOLVED) Error message (non-null is null) when attempting to sync activities on Wear OS app

xRuby
Mt. Kenya

Sync of walk between Galaxy Watch 4 (Wear OS) and Samsung S21 failed. Fresh installs on both the phone and watch.

image_2024-04-02_234627643.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hi All 👋!
Thanks for your patience and sorry about the issues.

You can try the steps @TheFostah noted which resolved the issue without losing any data:

Open Strava on watch, sign out, and sign back in and it should ask you to grant it permission again.

If this doesn't work for you, our team has pushed a fix and you will need to do the following:

1. delete the Strava application from your watch
2. Power your device off for 10 seconds
3. turn your watch back on and reinstall the Strava application (v1.39).

Unfortunately, this will discard any pending activities that have not yet synced to your account but will remove the error and new activities should sync over again. If you have issues after doing the above, 
please submit a support ticket. If you have trouble with our online form, you can send an email to support@strava.zendesk.com. Please direct your email to the attention of Jimi. 

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

135 REPLIES 135

joanfornis
Mt. Kenya

Same problem on Ticwatch Pro 3 Ultra... I tried all of possible solutions above 😕

Scout
Moderator Moderator

@roda@Gauthier@guideX & any others that are still having issues; please submit a support ticket  and direct your email to the attention of Jimi. 

If you have trouble with our online form, you can 
send an email to support@strava.zendesk.com. 

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)

roda
Mt. Kenya

Hello all,

I am still facing this issue on Fossil Gen 6 with Strava app v1.39. I have tried the proposed solution above (uninstalling and also full watch factory reset) but no success.

Potential workaround

However, one thing I noticed is that if I change the battery mode of the watch to "Time only" then put the watch on the charger, the watch will return to the normal mode and all pending activities get synced. I need to repeat this whenever I want to sync a new activity. Not optimal but a good temporary solution.

Best regards

guideX
Mt. Kenya

I am experiencing this issue on the following watches ...

- Fossil Juliana HR Gen5 (Strava 2017 era app)

- Fossil Gen 6 (Strava v1.39)

Some workouts will sync after waiting a long time and rebooting/playing with it in various ways, it seems to help to connect to wifi and disconnect from bluetooth and things like that, I can't make heads or tails of it. I have lost some workout data to this issue 😞

Gauthier
Mt. Kenya

I have the same problem and lost 6 hours of training data. Not happy about it.
I tried to delete the Strava app and reinstalling, same on my phone, disconnect/reconnect, checked all the settings,... nothing fixes it. 

My watch has a slightly different message: Parameter specified as non-null is null: method yb.e.apply, parameter apiErrors 

It is also impossible to show directly my activity on my phone. It opens Strava, but not the activity itself. 

Trying to manually sync (tap to sync button) does not work either after trying like 15 times over 3 days.

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Thank you for all your posts regarding this. For anyone still having issues, please try resyncing the activity:
Settings button on your watch > 'Tap to Sync' button

If you have issues after doing the above, please submit a support ticket. If you have trouble with our online form, you can send an email to support@strava.zendesk.com and direct your email to the attention of Jimi. 

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)

I can confirm the fix worked on my end. Did a 34k bike run and it uploaded flawlessly. Thanks!!

Remco1974
Shkhara

Fixed it by resetting and total new setup the watch, Hope it never happends again.

TigerTony
Mt. Kenya

same issue Galaxy watch5