cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[RESOLVED] Strava Samsung Galaxy Watch sync and logout issue

HalfOctave
Shkhara

Hello, I am using Samsung Galaxy watch (B62B) (Model No. SM-R800) for syncing my Strava activity. It was working almost fine till yesterday until I encountered issue on syncing my morning run from Strava to Strava servers through watch. Little did I realise at that time that it can be something to do with watch.samsung.strava being down and did multiple things to fix and now have landed up in difficult situation. Looking for some assistance now.
Issues:

1. Not being able to sync activities. Getting error: “Sync failed (42)” and sometimes “Sync failed (99)”
2. On reading internet, one of articles suggested going to Strava site and unlinking watch. Did that
3. Now while, Strava site doesn’t know that my watch exists as I unlinked it, the app on my watch is still linked to account and there is no logout option!!! It opens up as before without prompting me to enter 4 digit new code to link again.
4. Now if I try to sync activity, I get “Sync failed (7)”

With all this story, all I am looking for is how to logout Strava app on Samsung Galaxy watch?

I don’t want to uninstall and reinstall again as that will erase the unsynced activity and I don’t want to lose them.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello,

I'm happy to confirm that this issue has been resolved and the Samsung watches should work as expected with Strava.  If you are still having issues, we ask that you submit a support ticket, and someone from Strava Support will be happy to work with you to troubleshoot.

Sincere apologies for the inconvenience and we want to sincerely thank you all for your patience.  

Again, if you continue to have any issues with this, please submit a support ticket so we can help you out.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

74 REPLIES 74

LarsO
Mt. Kenya

I have the same problem, and my watch battery drains incredible fast now...

The same here... This sunday I run the TCS Marathon Amsterdam... I desperately hope this problem is solved before sunday!!!!

Mussruss
Mt. Kenya

Same syncing problem for me as well.  I have also had another problem that started at the same time, specifically, my watch battery drains incredible fast now, almost like it is constantly tracking a workout. 

Jure123
Mt. Kenya

I have the same problem on my Samsung galaxy watch. please  assist.

ganderso
Mt. Kenya

I have the same issue for activities logged today (11-Oct). Activities logged prior days OK. 

Naveed
Mt. Kenya

I am having the same issue since yesterday with same sync error (42) and not syncing my Galaxy Watch 3 Strava App with my phone / Strava.

Awaiting suggestions....

Just checked and the old activities have now been sync to phone
It appears to be working finally

Thanks to all that sorted out the issue

pawsen
Mt. Kenya

Have the same problem not syncing my strava rides on my galaxy watch to my phone, i don't want to delete the app loosing my rides. Please fix this.

gunerguray
Mt. Kenya

İ have same issue and i re-installed the app to my watch..Now i am not able to use the app on my watch..This weekend i have a race and i hope the problem will be solved before saturday :(( 

rukaz
Mt. Kenya

Screenshot_20231011_214451_com.android.chrome_edit_40638670594318.jpg

After reinstalling the App I am unable to complete the installation due to a lack of validation codes.