cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

The Hub is now in read-only mode as we make improvements to the Hub experience. More information is available here.

Samsung health - Strava truncate

ThiagoCaparelli
Mt. Kenya

Hello, I've been using Samsung Health to sync with Strava. The syncing works well, but I don't understand why Strava always truncates the training data. In this example, there wasn't any automatic pause.

Screenshot_2024-07-03-21-24-47-816_com.sec.android.app.shealth.jpg

Screenshot_2024-07-03-21-24-35-273_com.strava.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bryant
Moderator Moderator

Hey @ThiagoCaparelli

Sorry for the differences you're seeing in your activities. These data discrepancies could be due to the way Samsung Health is analyzing the data.

For example, consider the process of determining how much resting vs moving time is in an activity. What constitutes a rest? Is it when you're at rest for 1, 3, 10, or 20 seconds? And what does your speed have to fall below in order for you to be considered at rest? 1 second might capture too many false positives and 20 seconds may be too strict. One calculation isn't necessarily correct or incorrect, but we do feel we're using standards that most athletes would agree upon.

We understand our athletes use hundreds of different devices and apps and are doing our best to accurately analyze each file. We're always working to improve our athletes' experience and we will pass this feedback along to our engineering teams.

I hope this helps!

KBryant24
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Bryant
Moderator Moderator

Hey @ThiagoCaparelli

Sorry for the differences you're seeing in your activities. These data discrepancies could be due to the way Samsung Health is analyzing the data.

For example, consider the process of determining how much resting vs moving time is in an activity. What constitutes a rest? Is it when you're at rest for 1, 3, 10, or 20 seconds? And what does your speed have to fall below in order for you to be considered at rest? 1 second might capture too many false positives and 20 seconds may be too strict. One calculation isn't necessarily correct or incorrect, but we do feel we're using standards that most athletes would agree upon.

We understand our athletes use hundreds of different devices and apps and are doing our best to accurately analyze each file. We're always working to improve our athletes' experience and we will pass this feedback along to our engineering teams.

I hope this helps!

KBryant24
STRAVA | Community Hub Team