cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starred segments not uploading to Edge 830

wobots
Mt. Kenya

Looks like this has been a problem for over a year, Strava says its a "known problem". If that is true its known who's problem it is, Strava or Garmin. Strava's bandaid is to unstar all the segments and sync the device to flush the segments, then re-star the new segments you wish to load. Suggestion: make a list of the segments you want to keep with correct spelling. My issue with this overtly cumbersome process is I only get 60% of segments uploaded. If I star one segment, it doesn't appear. 2 segments, one of the two will be uploaded. 20 segments I will get 13 segments in the Garmin, with no control over which 13 appear. If this process is the only solution then using Garmin segments makes more sense.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @wobots 

Thanks for posting about this and sorry to hear you're having difficulty getting your starred segments to show up on your Garmin device.  Can you clarify if you are also following a course while using live segments?  There is an issue where lives segments and following a course do not work together.  We're working with Garmin to hopefully improve this experience in the future.

If you're not following a course, you should be able to get your Strava segments on your Garmin device.  

A couple things to keep in mind:

• Segments must have a positive average grade. Downhill segments will not sync to devices for Live Segment use. Please keep in mind that our system recognizes even the slightest negative grade, and there may be segments that display a 0% grade that will not sync to devices for Strava Live Segments.
  • At this time we only sync 100 segments (this includes the 20-30 popular segments if you have them enabled).

If you're still experiencing difficulty, please submit a support ticket and someone from our Support Team will be in touch to investigate further.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

skender
Mt. Kenya

Hello, I have a problem with the strava segments. I can no longer put them on my EDGE 830. I have deleted all the ones that were on the edge and have about ten with a star on the website and all are positives climbs. Everything used to work fine. I've done several synchros with no results. However, the courses I create on the web are put on my counter without any problem...
Do you have a solution?
Thank you

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @wobots 

Thanks for posting about this and sorry to hear you're having difficulty getting your starred segments to show up on your Garmin device.  Can you clarify if you are also following a course while using live segments?  There is an issue where lives segments and following a course do not work together.  We're working with Garmin to hopefully improve this experience in the future.

If you're not following a course, you should be able to get your Strava segments on your Garmin device.  

A couple things to keep in mind:

• Segments must have a positive average grade. Downhill segments will not sync to devices for Live Segment use. Please keep in mind that our system recognizes even the slightest negative grade, and there may be segments that display a 0% grade that will not sync to devices for Strava Live Segments.
  • At this time we only sync 100 segments (this includes the 20-30 popular segments if you have them enabled).

If you're still experiencing difficulty, please submit a support ticket and someone from our Support Team will be in touch to investigate further.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team