cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strava Watch App

kulio
Shkhara

I have installed the strava watch app on my samsung gear s3 frontier. it is possible to show the activities that I actually do? 

Outdoor run. 
Kitesurf
Yoga
Outdoor bike ride
Outdoor Hiking
Alpine skiing

currently I cant see Yoga and Kitesurf, but I CAN see Nordic Skiing, and INDOOR RUN etc

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @kulio 

Thanks for clarifying that.  You won't be able to change the activity types shown on the Watch App.  Outdoor activities (a GPS connection will be required) are shown on the right in gray and indoor activities are on the left in black.

If you don't see the activity type you're about to record showing up there, we recommend recording using another activity type and then changing the activity to the correct type when you sync it to Strava.  Check out our supported activity types here.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

mricetea13
Mt. Kenya

Hi i saw that you can edit the activity type after syncing.

What 'activity' would you recommend we record on Samsung Gear S3 to record football (which will capture all tlhe necessary metrics that is relatable to the football activity)?

i currently only have the options:
Indoor Run

Indoor Ride

Workout

Nordic Ski

Hike

Outdoor Walk

Outdoor Run

Outdoor ride

thank you

kulio
Shkhara

i'm trying to use the strava app on my watch and its showing me the wrong options. The reason I am trying this method is because normally I use samsung health to record activities, but for some reason if there isnt any GPS data (as per an indoor activity) straava wont import it. 

Hi @kulio 

Thanks for clarifying that.  You won't be able to change the activity types shown on the Watch App.  Outdoor activities (a GPS connection will be required) are shown on the right in gray and indoor activities are on the left in black.

If you don't see the activity type you're about to record showing up there, we recommend recording using another activity type and then changing the activity to the correct type when you sync it to Strava.  Check out our supported activity types here.

Jane (she/her)

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @kulio 

Thanks for posting about this.  Can you confirm you are recording your activities using Samsung Health?  Regardless of what activity type you record in, you can always change the activity to the correct type when you sync it to Strava.  Check out our supported activity types here.

Jane (she/her)