cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This post has been escalated to our Support team for one of the following reasons: it requires sharing personal information, the intervention of an admin, or multiple exchanges. We may also escalate to our Support team if a topic is highly complex or technical.

Very high distance logged for HIIT activity

CaptnDom
Mt. Kenya

Two times already strava synched a crazy high distance (>21'000 km) from a HIIT activity from Garmin connect. First it should note even show distance for HIIT activities, and Garmin for sure has no distance logged. And I cannot correct it in Strava. How to fix it?

Here the screenshot:

2024-03-17 13_39_12-Morning HIIT _ Workout _ Strava.png

Thanks 

Dom

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Update from support:  Our team took a look at some of the indoor activities and it looks like the issues with the files relate to some kind of Garmin formatting problem. There is no way for us to fix this from our end, and the change would need to come directly from Garmin as this is related to their file formatting on indoor activities. We are simply ingesting the data they send us in the FIT file. We would suggest reaching out directly to Garmin for further assistance.

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

aureliomtzk
Mt. Kenya

Hey @CaptnDom, I think I was able to figure it out on the Garmin Connect site. When you go on your Activites -> All Activites, you then go to the particular activity that is causing a problem (for me it was Weight Training) but there you can edit the stats that are recorded for each type of activity. I hit the "Revert to Default" and Distance got removed from it. I am guessing there was an update on the Garmin side that messed this up. Adding a screenshot below for reference of that window that pops up once you edit the Activity stats. 

aureliomtzk_0-1712262378561.png

I am hoping this helps solve the issue as now apparently Garmin won't be "tracking" distance on my Weight Training activities. 

aureliomtzk
Mt. Kenya

I am having the same exact issue - will stay posted to figure out the solve. Thanks!

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Update from support:  Our team took a look at some of the indoor activities and it looks like the issues with the files relate to some kind of Garmin formatting problem. There is no way for us to fix this from our end, and the change would need to come directly from Garmin as this is related to their file formatting on indoor activities. We are simply ingesting the data they send us in the FIT file. We would suggest reaching out directly to Garmin for further assistance.

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hey @CaptnDom
We're going to send this post to our Support team so they can take a closer look at your account. If you have a similar question please submit a support ticket and we will investigate further.

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)