cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zone 2 Beginner and Device Options (Google only)

formulapaolo
Mt. Kenya

Hey all. I've been looking at getting into zone 2 training. However, I've seen many videos saying that smartwatches are no good at tracking HR accurately. 

It appears that Strava on WearOS doesn't support external HR monitors (I don't understand why.. it's such a basic feature), so I'm now looking to see what my options are.

Is there a way I can pair the external monitor with my phone (Google Pixel) instead and just start the workout from my phone instead of my watch? Is there any downside to this vs starting the run from my watch?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @formulapaolo 

Thanks for posting about this.  Yes, you can pair a compatible bluetooth heart rate monitor to the Strava Android App and record using your phone instead of your watch.   The biggest downside to this is that you have to carry your phone with you on the run using an armband or other means.

More details here

Let us know if you have further questions and thanks again for posting.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @formulapaolo 

Thanks for posting about this.  Yes, you can pair a compatible bluetooth heart rate monitor to the Strava Android App and record using your phone instead of your watch.   The biggest downside to this is that you have to carry your phone with you on the run using an armband or other means.

More details here

Let us know if you have further questions and thanks again for posting.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings