cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allow route builder to follow heat maps

Mapper
Mont Blanc

When creating a route, the route builder will not allow me to follow certain roads, even though I have ridden them many times. It will not even allow me to put waypoints on those ridden roads to direct the route there. Using the 'most direct' setting does not help. If I have ridden it, I should be allowed to make a route including it - the most direct route even includes public segments that others have ridden, all on asphalt, unlike the route it gives me, where km 4 is on a 'dirt' road with round stones that is dangerous to ride.Screenshot 2024-09-19 at 5.10.40 PM.png

1 REPLY 1

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @Mapper 

If you are unable to route on a road or trail automatically, you have a couple of different ways to help resolve the issue:

1. Try using manual mode
Enable Manual mode to add a waypoint anywhere on the map. There are a few things to be aware of when using this mode:

• Manual mode will no longer ensure your route's path follows roads or trails.
  • Popularity and elevation selectors will be disabled.
  • Distance and elevation can only be roughly estimated for manual edits.

2. Help Improve Strava's Maps
Strava utilizes OpenStreetMap, an open-source project of geographical data for the entire world, alongside our own heat/popularity and other unique data, to help inform routing decisions. If you are experiencing a routing error, you can help the Strava community by contributing the edit to OpenStreetMap.
Please visit our support article for instructions for more information.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team