cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blue shaded circle around my location

redart
Mt. Kenya

Hi all,

Strava.PNGCan anyone help me get rid if the blue shaded circle?.  It happens every time I create a route and allow Strava to access my location. Makes the underlying map difficult to see.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AndrewPowell
Mt. Kenya

I figured it out. You need to turn off the Location Permission for Strava in Google. Click on the lock icon to the left of the URL.

.Screenshot 2023-11-17 134906.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

AndrewPowell
Mt. Kenya

I figured it out. You need to turn off the Location Permission for Strava in Google. Click on the lock icon to the left of the URL.

.Screenshot 2023-11-17 134906.png

AndrewPowell
Mt. Kenya

This just appeared on the map builder this week. It's extremely annoying and makes it harder to see the map. I can't figure out how to turn it off. The only thing that I remember changing in my settings was to turn on the "Beacon for Mobile" and then the "Beacon for Devices" for Garmin. I tried turning them back off, but it didn't get rid of the blue circle. Not sure if it was actually related to this.

FlyingPhil
Mt. Kenya

Agree, it's annoying, making it harder to see the map. Put's me off using the route planner.

ChrisBerry
Kilimanjaro

I've been trying to figure that out myself. I don't need any help finding my own location on the map, and half the time it shows the wrong location anyway. Very annoying. Please just get rid of it or give me the option to turn it off.