cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bulk editing activiti

ThomasB
Shkhara

I miss the option to edit multiple activities at once, like visibility and delete options and the bike that was used. For example, I have many invisible activities that I want change to visible. Now I can only do one at the time.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Thank you all for your feedback. There is an existing idea on bulk editing activities that you can check out here. Be sure to add your kudos and feedback to this idea if it is of interest to you. 

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Thank you all for your feedback. There is an existing idea on bulk editing activities that you can check out here. Be sure to add your kudos and feedback to this idea if it is of interest to you. 

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)

aby
Mt. Kenya

Could we go back to how it was before please? I’ve the same issue. Need to change privacy on 100 or so activities in bulk without having to change all 1000+ of them.

apulmoes
Mt. Kenya

I just found out that Strava assigned my default running shoes to ALL my ~160 Walk activities. That makes the recorded mileage on my running shoes way too high. It's ridiculous that there still is no way to bulk edit recorded activities. It's 2023, this issue has been here way too long, and many of us are paying subscribers that use premium for detailed analysis of our data etc. Not being able to easily track our data accurately totally defeats the purpose of being a paid subscriber!

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hi @ThomasB 

Thanks for clarifying that.  Yes, the bulk edit for activity privacy is applied to all previous activities.

The most efficient way to edit activities one by one on the website from the My Activities page. You can select Edit, adjust the activity settings, and Save for each activity without having to leave this page.

Jane (she/her)

This is definitely the opposite of the meaning of "efficient". Efficiency saves time and effort, which is what we are looking for here. I'd like to edit all of my bike rides to Mt Bike Rides in bulk. My yearly summary tells me 35% of my rides weren't MTB rides, which is a LOT of rides to update one by one.

Hi @Jane,

I want to modify my workouts to HIIT, so I started from the activities page to change the activities one by one as you have suggested. The problem is, HIIT is not available from the drop-down menu in the activities page, only from the individual activity page... Seems like an oversight. Are there any plans to update the activity drop-down menu in the activities page?

This is not a solution, this is not even a workaround. I know how to edit an activtiy. I just don't feel like editing a 150 activities one by one.

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @ThomasB 

Thank you for your post.  Good news!  Although you can't do a bulk edit on gear/bike, it is possible to change privacy controls on past activities in bulk.  Here are the instructions for that.  

Please let us know if that works for you.

Jane (she/her)

Hello @Jane ,

Thanks for your reply. I know it's possible to change the privacy settings of ALL activities. But that's not the point. I want to edit the settings of a certain number of activites. Not all of them.