cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default Sport

Michael185
Mt. Kenya

When I go to my profile to set my “Default Sport” under “Display Preferences” it only gives me 2 choices Running or Cycling. I like to Hike as well as walk but these are not options. Seems a bit absurd to me…Am I missing something? If forces me to go into each work out after complete and change to walking.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @Michael185 

Thanks for posting about this.

You're correct - the Strava profile only has running or cycling as options for default sports.  However if you are recording with a device or App that lets you record in the "hike" mode, your activity upload file should contain a tag that contains that activity type data, and that is how your activity on Strava will be categorized.  

It sounds like that isn't happening for you.  I recommend your check on your recording device/App to see what activity/sport type you are choosing to record in and make any necessary adjustments.

Please let me know if this helps and if you have any further questions.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Amanning
Mont Blanc

I am having the same problem. I mostly use a eBike so I have to change every activity that is synced from cycling to eBike. My recording device does not allow me to set the activity type.

Why not just allow any of the sports in the Strava app to be the default sport?

Martin1
Mt. Kenya

Yes, needs changing that, I mainly weight train, there should be more options.

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @Michael185 

Thanks for posting about this.

You're correct - the Strava profile only has running or cycling as options for default sports.  However if you are recording with a device or App that lets you record in the "hike" mode, your activity upload file should contain a tag that contains that activity type data, and that is how your activity on Strava will be categorized.  

It sounds like that isn't happening for you.  I recommend your check on your recording device/App to see what activity/sport type you are choosing to record in and make any necessary adjustments.

Please let me know if this helps and if you have any further questions.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

Why cant you just add walking or hiking and so on as default sports ? Cant be that difficult