cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-bike mileage

doogle66
Shkhara

I'm new to this site so apologies in advance if I'm unfamiliar with it

I have regular bike and e-bikes. I want both to count towards my annual goals (time and distance). I've been Googling for whether e-bike rides count, most replies suggest they do count, but clear from my total they don't (I can simply change an activity from Ride to E-Bike ride and see the totals change for YTD).

How do I get it to count everything short of calling everything a Ride (which messes up lots of other things)?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @doogle66 

Thanks for posting about this.  Since "ride" and "E-bike ride" are two different sport types on Strava, it's not possible to create a goal that contains just those two sport types.

A workaround though, would be to set a goal and select the "All Sports" option for the goal.  If you do that, any type of activity you upload to Strava will count towards that goal.  This should work well if rides and E-bike rides are the only sport types you upload.  If you also upload other sport types (for example run or walk) keep in mind that these will also count towards that goal.

For more information on e-bikes on Strava, including tips and tricks, please visit our blog post.  

I hope that's helpful, please let us know if that works for you.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19

Hello @Gar-Williams 

Thanks for posting about this.  Virtual rides have separate segment leaderboards from regular outdoor rides, but Virtual rides will count towards your ride profile stats. This includes the year-to-date (YTD) stats, histogram, and your last four weeks, among others. However, Virtual Ride activities will not count towards the Biggest Climb statistic on your profile.

E-bike rides do not count towards general ride totals shown on your profile.   E-Bikes must use the "E-Bike" activity type in Strava.   However e-bikes will show up on your profile stats as separate total.  

For more information on e-bikes on Strava, including tips and tricks, please visit our blog post.  

I hope that's helpful.  Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Jane (she/her)

Jane, thank you for the explanation.  I think everyone understands how it works now and as your users/clients, we're requesting that an option is introduced to have e-bike rides included in the goal's total.  

Sorry Jane but this does NOT make any sense at all!

It simply looks to me that someone in Strava has something against e-bikes. All Ride = all types of ride! It does include mountain bike but not e-mountain bike. I’m sorry but I struggle to understand. 
I’m a paid user but simple things like this make me stop paying. 

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @doogle66 

Thanks for posting about this.  Since "ride" and "E-bike ride" are two different sport types on Strava, it's not possible to create a goal that contains just those two sport types.

A workaround though, would be to set a goal and select the "All Sports" option for the goal.  If you do that, any type of activity you upload to Strava will count towards that goal.  This should work well if rides and E-bike rides are the only sport types you upload.  If you also upload other sport types (for example run or walk) keep in mind that these will also count towards that goal.

For more information on e-bikes on Strava, including tips and tricks, please visit our blog post.  

I hope that's helpful, please let us know if that works for you.

Jane (she/her)

This is a perfect solution! I actually like it better because now I can see total miles and then non Ebike miles separately. Thank you! 

Hi Jane,

I hope this reply finds you well. On the IOS app, in the "Profile" tab > in the "This week" section > with the "All Ride" filter (selected by default) our e-bike rides are not showing in the weekly distance total. I can understand E-Bikes, virtual, and traditional cycling are all different. However, any activity's distance should display with the "All Ride" filter selected. Yes E-Bikes simplify riding, however they are still a sport and mileage should be displayed. We are all avid cyclists and would appreciate the total mileage displayed. I've been using an E-Bike while recovering from four broken ribs, by no means is an E-bike ride easy and I would appreciate my, or anyone's effort to be displayed as we are all doing an activity. Please investigate this matter. 

All sports will include: bike, e-bike, walk, hike, run, swim, kayak, rowing etc.  We are asking for an option to combine all bicycle rides (road, MTN, gravel, e-bike, virtual) into one riding goal

I've just spotted this thread and I have a similar issue. Ebike rides don't seem to count in to my annual mileage tally. Am I missing something, or has Strava determined that my ebike rides don't count? I don't understand this. Its not like I'm knocking some non-assisted rider off a leaderboard. I just want a record of my mileage. Distance tallies still matter to ebike riders, and our rides are still human powered, just assisted.... 

Jane 

Thank you for responding an sorry for tardy response. I guess another recommendation would be to have replies to posts appear in your notifications?

Your fix sounded like a good idea except My Goals doesn;t seem to have that option. I can click on Set a Goal but all drop down shows me is set a power goal or something to do with segments. If instead I go to section on left it just has 3 headings for settinga  goal -bike run or swim. I used the bike one and thats the one that only records non-e-bike rides. How do I get to this set goal for 'All Sports"?

Thanks

@doogle66 - You have to use the mobile app to set the goals.  The web app is terrible and has very little functionality.  The mobile app is much more usable and has the options to set goals for all different types of activities or "all sports" as you were looking for.  In the app, click on your profile (the little person in the bottom right), then click on the progress tab and then "See All Your Goals" at the bottom of the goals sections.  From there, just click the "+" sign to create a new goal.