cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GuyBeels
Shkhara

What have you done to Heatmaps?  I do not care about businesses, or where other people have run, walked, or biked, and the new color selection interface does not allow basemap changes from the same interface (as it should).  Also, as I zoom out, the once-useful aggregation of workouts (showing a circle and number at scales where the actual paths get tiny and useless) is now gone.  Writing this as a cartographer, recent changes are not an improvement.  Is there a way to recover the old display mode?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

nicky
Strava
Strava

Hello Everyone. Clusters are back, and now they work for all sports. Thank you for your feedback and for your patience while we updated it to work for the new sport filtering options. Let us know if you have further thoughts. We're always glad to hear from ya! 

nicky_0-1714417895004.png

nicky_1-1714422563369.png

View solution in original post

95 REPLIES 95

the clusters were simply perfect, please do not spoil this with overhauling; if i can opt out pictures and opt in clusters i am happy again; i joined premium only for the heatmaps....

uzaks
Pico de Orizaba

#bringbackclusters

Strava developers: when will the activity clusters be re-implemented??? How hard can it be? It was a feature which was there already and then who decided it to let go of the clusters and why? Bring the clusters back! 

JimB
Mt. Kenya

the circles of aggregates were great - hope to see them back asap!

lprills
Mt. Kenya

Late to leave comments, but adding my two cents:

Still missing activity clusters, but have seen the photo clusters as other mentioned. This doesn't have the same effect as I (along with others), don't post photos. People have mentioned this, but adding another comment to reinforce that we miss the clusters allowing easy view of all the areas I've run and how frequently...

Personally, I also miss the easy date changer (i.e. 2021, 2022, 2023). The slider is a nice addition, but if I had to choose between the slider and just a flat out year time frame, I would opt for the year. I find it interesting to see what areas were popular in a given year and on my personal map as I move around.

nicky
Strava
Strava

Hey everyone. Thanks for the additional context and feedback. Really appreciate it! We'll look into it! 

Please do look into and re-instate this as the Heatmaps with clusters is the only reason (and i suspect many others) subscribe. Without this i will not renew.

BjornarSoreng
Shkhara

They added photos to the heatmap options today. But the activity clusters are still missing. Hope they add it back on soon.

Pictures are ok for those, who actually take them, I just had a look and I only have about 15, that's not good enough, but they said they are working on something better than we had before, so fingers crossed, I'm looking forward to be able to see where I ran when the map is zoomed out...

nicky
Strava
Strava

UPDATE FROM STRAVA

Hello everyone. Thanks for writing in. Nick from the Strava Web team here. We really appreciate you taking the time to write up this feedback! We took out the clusters because we were not satisfied with their ability to get us to the activities we were looking for and have begun the process of replacing them with something better. If you take a look at your Personal Heatmap today, you should see the option to use clusters of photos from activities as a means of getting back to the original activities that underly the heatmap. This is the first in a planned series of updates to replace the clusters with something more useful. We know it's not perfect yet. Please let us know how this looks! Again, really appreciate the feedback and are reading every comment.  

<deleted>