cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback on “Your Weekly Snapshot” feature

_windrunner
Shkhara

I’m now seeing the “Your Weekly Snapshot” at the top of my feed when using the app. I do not enjoy how this serves almost entirely to make me feel bad about my effort so far in the current week. This is detrimental to my experience on Strava. 

My training schedule each week is highly variable due to plenty of factors such as work, personal commitments, weather, etc. I should not have to see a feature telling me I haven’t been working as hard when I have been putting in more or the same amount of effort as my schedule allows. 

Please enable a toggle for this feature so we do not have to see it. 

99 REPLIES 99

Scout
Moderator Moderator

👋 Hello!
Thank you all for your feedback. Please be sure that your comments are being shared and discussed by our team. 
We appreciate all feedback and suggestions; if anyone has any additional feedback, please post it below so that it can be reviewed by our team.

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

I agree with all the others commenting that this feature should be an optional setting. 

Hey Scout. The tissue wavers are out in force. If they don't like the red arrows, go for a run. It's not the apps fault they're sad.

Hello Scout just want to add I too think this is an awful idea and would like to disable it immediately. 

I actually stopped using Strava shortly after this feature was implemented. I found it contributed to the already very present feeling that I'm never doing enough, especially compared to others, and I had to get myself out of that headspace. Disappointing. 

Over a month since your post and this "feature" just showed up in my feed.   Is strava listening to users?   Please allow us to disable it

For the love of all that is good and holy - take this feature right off my page or let me do it myself. It’s awful. Makes me feel lazy. I can see why you’ve done it and I imagine there are lots of people that are going to like it but you must allow us to have the choice to take it off. Really makes me feel like I’m not doing enough and I am doing plenty. 

usr
Pico de Orizaba

Perhaps a setting could be aggregated in a general "casual user" features toggle?

I'm talking about this, the positivity inflation that just oozes inauthenticity, causing a negative halo effect that pulls down all other content (scripted or user generated) with it.

For some users that motivational wording might actually be a net positive, and I guess those users are a market segment Strava hopes to grow in. But for many it's downright insulting to get a scripted "wow, awesome!" when they accidentally tracked the way back to parking, again. I'd wager that there's a lot of overlap between users who dislike the unwarranted positivity and users who dislike the weekly snapshot.

Maybe an aggregated setting that's not a simple toggle but a slider specifying "amount of motivational stuff" and then each feature that falls in the spectrum between "casual" and "serious athlete" gets an activation threshold on that slider? This would allow the preference to apply across platforms (web, app, not all motivational features exist on all platforms) and to new features. Could actually be quite liberating for the creative process of new features, instead of "will it fit the brand: yes/no" Strava teams could just ask themselves "where on the casual/serious scale do we put it"

I am seconding all the comments wanting to get rid of it. I kinda don’t wanna use strava anymore because I feel sometimes I get too obsessive over it. And I know that this is just going to make that worse. And really just make it less fun. 

This feature was implemented in the middle of my training block for my fourth marathon and I despise it. Please give us the option to turn it off.

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings