cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback on “Your Weekly Snapshot” feature

_windrunner
Shkhara

I’m now seeing the “Your Weekly Snapshot” at the top of my feed when using the app. I do not enjoy how this serves almost entirely to make me feel bad about my effort so far in the current week. This is detrimental to my experience on Strava. 

My training schedule each week is highly variable due to plenty of factors such as work, personal commitments, weather, etc. I should not have to see a feature telling me I haven’t been working as hard when I have been putting in more or the same amount of effort as my schedule allows. 

Please enable a toggle for this feature so we do not have to see it. 

107 REPLIES 107

Amy-Rose
Mt. Kenya

I completely agree. I’ve now unsubscribed as of this month. Strava used to feel like a fun and positive place. Now, with these recent mandatory changes, among with the high monthly price, I can no longer support this app. Strava doesn’t seem to care about its users enough to take concerns like these seriously. 

dkislyuk
Shkhara

+1, this feature and its corresponding weekly notification is incredibly distracting. Can subscribers please just get a clean app without these patronizing features ("You did great last week! Keep up the progress!") We don't need this.

allansbradley
Mt. Kenya

Adding to the chorus: I would like to be able to turn off the "Weekly Snapshot" feature.  It sucks.  It's extremely off-putting.  It doesn't make me feel good when I'm "ahead of" the previous week's numbers, and it doesn't make me feel good when I'm "behind" the previous week's numbers either.  It encourages an unhealthy training mindset and undercuts the joy of exercise as a hobby.  It's absolutely insane that this useless and off-putting metric is the first thing I see when I open the app.  Hard to imagine a mostly competent company like Strava insisting on such a terrible feature. 

lucyjones
Mt. Kenya

Just logging my views here on the 'weekly snapshot' feature - I agree with others below that it should definitely be optional! On weeks when circumstances beyond my control mean I've not racked up the miles I'd have liked to, it's really not helpful or motivating to have this be the first thing I see when I open the app - if anything, it's potentially bad for people's mental health. 

Michio1111
Mt. Kenya

I really hate this feature. Can it please be optional? 

amgaard
Mt. Kenya

This feature should be optional. It might be loved by others but I’d like to remove it! 

hutcho
Mt. Kenya

Came here looking for a way to make this optional - it feels very much like it should be. I feel like this is doubling up on the information Strava already provides in the progress tab under "you". If I want to view that data I know where to find it.

There are other "forced reflections" that could also be made optional like "this time last year" showing a similar event you did last year -  this such a pain when your trying to review/edit and manage a triathalon event you do each year - it splits into  5 different events, then your dealing with this years and last years version .. ahh! Please make that optional as well.

Its possible your overloading the feed Seems to be generating a lot of anger and frustration - hopefully you can find the balance. Thanks for taking my feedback!

dkislyuk
Shkhara

Agree that this feature should be optional. There are many legitimate reasons to modulate intensity and volume. Strava is not a coach, and having these numbers at the top of the feed constantly is distracting.

Swisspolak
Mt. Kenya

Please let us choose if we want to have this snapshot docked on top of our feed or not.

I sincerely hate it. If I want this info, I have an appropriate tab for it...

Thank you!